All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Should I Watch Next? [Game]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:23 pm 
Administrator

Pouch: 1,515.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
I thought of a fun game, all! Fill out this form and other Amassment members can reply to you with suggestions on what you should watch next. Write about your experience when watching the recommendation. Did you like it? Or not? What would you recommend to someone else?

The Form:
Code:
[color=#00BFFF][b]
Recently Watched Movie/Show you Liked:[/b][/color]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Favorite Genres:[/b][/color]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Favorite Shows/Movies:[/b][/color]

[color=#00BFFF][b]Tropes/Themes You Like:[/b][/color]

I can't wait to see some great Rec's!

Post subject: Re: What Should I Watch Next? [Game]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 pm 
Administrator

Pouch: 97.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode

Recently Watched Movie/Show you Liked:
Blue is the Warmest Color. I also re-watched Trainspotting last night and forgot how much I enjoyed it.

Favorite Genres: black comedies, crime/mystery, sci-fi, cerebral

Favorite Shows/Movies:
Shows: Broadchurch, Girls, Stranger Things
Movies: Birdman, Moonlight, Okuribito, Wild Tales (Relatos Salvajes), Moonrise Kingdom, Blood Simple

Tropes/Themes You Like: I actually don't like tropes. I try to seek out shows and movies with themes that are really different and stand out.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:40 pm 

Pouch: 5,486.50 Coins

Bank: 240,206.00 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
Recently Watched Movie/Show you Liked: Live: Once Upon a Time (fantasy), Stranger Things (supernatural/sci-fi/slice of life), Anime: Your Lie in April (slice of life/music), A Lull in the Sea (slice of life/mythology)

Favorite Genres: Fantasy, Sci-fi, kawaii

Favorite Shows/Movies: Star Wars, Marvel

Tropes/Themes You Like: Not sure XD cuteness and action I guess... Edit: I thought of something I don't like though... I don't like when the story acts in service of a lesson rather than in service of the plot/entertainment. I understand that creative works often carry opinions, but I don't like it when the message stands out more than the lore/characters. It breaks the immersion and feels like the story revolves around the situations of it's era rather than standing on it's own. Recently, a lot of works have been praised for their message and, while I might agree with some of those messages, I don't like how blatant they are.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:52 am 
Administrator

Pouch: 97.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
@Mikari: The slice of life/sci-fi anime combo is something I also really enjoy! I'd give Anohana and Kokoro Connect a shot, if you haven't seen them already. Hyouka is another really good one too, though lesser known (Kyoto Animation does a lot of good slice of life stuff). I'd go for Hyouka, if you had to choose.

I also highly recommend Kimi no Na wa! It's a movie by Makoto Shinka, who also does a few other amazing movies.