Hi! :D

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Megan A

Hi! :D

Post by Megan A »

Hi, everyone! A few of you may recognize me from The Fanlistings Network forums because I sure recognize a bunch of you! I found this site a little bit ago, and I finally decided to make an introduction post!

My name is Megan, but I know that there's another user by that name here so I'm OK with being called "sutkarak!" I'm 26 years old and just finishing up my masters degree in physics. Web design is something I have always been interested in, but I only just came back after a long break due to some personal reasons! Definitely a nice break from research!

I'm really glad to have found this site because shrines are something I always want to make, but I never find enough inspiration to finish them! After lurking around the forums, I think that everyone here makes such gorgeous shrines that clearly have a lot of love and work put into them! I think this will be a great place for me to find that inspiration needed to finish some!

I own two domains! I have a fanlisting collective at hylia.org and a new network which will host most of my shrines at sylvarant.net! I do have a small shrine that I'm currently working on, and you guys get the first peek! Calamity! :D

Wow, I'm sorry that was long! I tend to ramble, and I'm just so excited to be here! I can't wait to meet all of you!
Last edited by Megan A on Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Hi! :D

Post by nyxmidnight »

Welcome, Megan! I am happy to see you have a Barret fanlisting, as I am currently surfing on FFVII nostalgia :D

Everyone here is very friendly and a great source of inspiration, so I hope you will enjoy your stay with us! Do not hesitate if you need help.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

:!: Megan! It's lovely to see you over here. Like nyx said, Amassment is full of inspiration, so don't be surprised if you end up wanting to make lots of sites after spending some time here, haha.

Looking forward to your first site! :heart: One day I will actually play a Tales game other than Phantasia so I can appreciate the rest of the Tales fandom on the web, lmfao.
tonight fate is the
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

It's awesome seeing you here Megan! Amassment is an awesome place to motivate yourself to work on shrines.

I'm actually planning to do an Abyss shrine too but I got so much going on I'm all over the place haha.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

nyxmidnight wrote:Welcome, Megan! I am happy to see you have a Barret fanlisting, as I am currently surfing on FFVII nostalgia :D

Everyone here is very friendly and a great source of inspiration, so I hope you will enjoy your stay with us! Do not hesitate if you need help.
Thank you so much! :D I love Barret, and the lack of the Barret fanlisting on the network was a huge influence when deciding if I should get back into the hobby!

And I will keep that in mind! Thank you for the extremely kind welcome :D
Larissa wrote::!: Megan! It's lovely to see you over here. Like nyx said, Amassment is full of inspiration, so don't be surprised if you end up wanting to make lots of sites after spending some time here, haha.

Looking forward to your first site! :heart: One day I will actually play a Tales game other than Phantasia so I can appreciate the rest of the Tales fandom on the web, lmfao.
Thanks, Larissa! :D Honestly, just looking through here, I already want to make more! I must keep my self control so I'm not working on like ten sites at once.

You absolutely must try one of the later ones sometime! Phantasia is fantastic though; it actually has a direct lore linked to Tales of Symphonia if you ever have trouble deciding which one to start with. ;) The Tales fandom will be readily here to welcome you to our club when you're ready! :D
Crystal wrote:It's awesome seeing you here Megan! Amassment is an awesome place to motivate yourself to work on shrines.

I'm actually planning to do an Abyss shrine too but I got so much going on I'm all over the place haha.
Yay, thank you, Crystal! Your shrines are actually some of my favorite; especially your new Zelda one!

I would love to see an Abyss shrine by you some day. Do you have a subject in mind already? :D
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Welcome, Megan! I have stumbled on your domain hylia.org before. Nice to see more Legend of Zelda and Tales fans, hehe. I hope you get lots of inspiration here and start making some wonderful shrines. I can't wait to see them!
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Welcome! :D Good luck on your first shrine! I'm sure it will turn out awesome :D

(Sandshrew fanlisting! I love Sandshrew! ;_;)
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

sutkarak wrote:Yay, thank you, Crystal! Your shrines are actually some of my favorite; especially your new Zelda one!

I would love to see an Abyss shrine by you some day. Do you have a subject in mind already? :D
Aww thank you! I'm quite happy with how that site turned out. Shrining a general Princess Zelda shrine was tough.

I do! I'm planning on making a shrine for Luke.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

sutkarak wrote:Thanks, Larissa! :D Honestly, just looking through here, I already want to make more! I must keep my self control so I'm not working on like ten sites at once.

You absolutely must try one of the later ones sometime! Phantasia is fantastic though; it actually has a direct lore linked to Tales of Symphonia if you ever have trouble deciding which one to start with. ;) The Tales fandom will be readily here to welcome you to our club when you're ready! :D
Sad fact: I actually own Symphonia, I just don't have a Gamecube. I bought a Wii a couple years ago and managed to get the model that isn't backwards compatible. Would've liked to know that ahead of time. I need to get around to trading my copy in and getting the remake of Symphonia but I haven't had the time or money. Oh well, one day...
tonight fate is the
dragoneyes

Post by dragoneyes »

:music2: :music2: Welcome to Amassment, Megan! :music2: :music2:
This dragon wishes you the best luck.