Another Newbie!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Megan A

Re: Another Newbie!

Post by Megan A »

Hey, Rain! It's great to see you around here again, and I hope you are doing well! It is great to hear that you're continuing work on your projects, and I am excited to see them (especially Pokemon :D)! The news about the clique is really amazing as well, and it's awesome that you can relaunch it! I really love cliques so I look forward to checking it out! Sounds like you have some awesome projects planned. <3 I would like to echo everyone else here that it might be easier to just focus on getting one project up.

Just for added information just in case haven't done this before: Enthusiast has a way to remove the country field from a specific "fanlisting" all together which would make it more clique-like, and then you can do additional fields for the information pertaining to the clique! Examples: Larissa's Class Select and Emily's Azeroth. I believe that information on how to remove country is somewhere in the Enthusiast Install text file, and I learned how to do additional fields with this guide.
Rain

Post by Rain »

Awww, thank you so much, everyone! *hugs* That really means a lot to me :heart: .

I'm actually feeling bad for saying "Hey, I'm so totally working on my awesomesupersecretfirstproject" just to have another excuse a few months later and then say again "Hey, I'm so totally continue working on my awesomesupersecretfirstproject". But I guess life's a b**ch sometimes, so I just have to accept that and, like you said, focus on one thing.
Since yesterday I've realised that it'd be best for me to start with the clique, mainly because it's more like a fanlisting and as that is what I'm more experienced with, I think it'll be easier for me to get it up and running. I already have a layout in mind, so when I get Enthusiast up and running without any issues, it should be done faster than the shrine.
As for the shrine, I have already compiled some info but I'm not yet entirely sure of how to arrange them. So I'm actually a little lost here right now and just wasting time. But I've already found some really interesting and helpful topics here that'll hopefully help me to organize things :yay: .

@Megan A: OMG, thank you so much for these helpful tips! I was already thinking about the best way to remove the countries list from the form, but I really haven't realized until just now that you can simply disable it for one fanlisting *lol*. Considering I'm using Enth for... uhm... 8 years now... Okay, for fanlistings this feature was never needed, so maybe this counts as an excuse xD. I was about to try to just simply delete it from the file, but that might be causing issues/errors I might not be able to solve. So I guess I'll try the easiest way xD. Thank you so much :heart: .
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Yeah, don't feel bad about that kind of thing at all! :>

I'm glad you were able to find helpful topics around the forums! In case you need further help with organizing things, don't hesitate to use the Shrine Betas forum or to join our community chatroom to ask for input there. :D We also have a current event, Construction Zone, where people upload their shrines bit by bit as they're working on them, which can help with continuous feedback!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.