Shrine Newbie here!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Shrine Newbie here!

Post by Robin »

OOOO YAY!!! Jemma is so awesome! (I'm also partial to Fitz...I might end up doing a partner site or at least affiliating mine with yours xD xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Yay! Welcome to Amassment!! :D I can't wait to see your Jemma shrine! Despite being a huge Marvel girl myself, I haven't actually watched much of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Maybe I should put it on my next watch list. <3
Destinie wrote:"Shrines" have been around since 1998/1999 area and even though I have never heard of "Fixations", they do sound very similar.
I think they go back even further than that! :D I remember seeing some in 1996/97 (My first site was in '97 too!). It's hard to believe they go that far back. *_* Fixations do sound similar though! I haven't heard of them either but I'm very tempted to try to look for an archived version too. x3 It's fun to learn about the history like this~ <3
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I'm late but welcome to Amassment! I'm excited for that Jemma shrine. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Welcome to Amassment!! I've known about fanlistings for quite some time, but like many of the others, I've never heard of Fixations, haha.

I hope you'll enjoy your time here, and I'm looking forward to your Jemma site! I never got far into the series, but I liked her! :D
Anise

Post by Anise »

Welcome! I'm also excited for your Jemma shrine.
The Second Guardian Network ☆☆ Esperits.ORG
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Welcome to Amassment! I hope you enjoy your time at the boards (and while shrining!), I look forward to your future shrines! :)
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Eunice wrote:Hello! I'm new to shrines, though not new to fanlistings. Looking around, it struck me that shrines are rather like the old "Fixations". Does anyone remember those? The idea was, if I remember rightly, that they were like a fanlisting, and might have a clique attached, but had a lot of extra content. I rather liked Fixations and sad to see them go. So I'm glad I've "discovered" shrines!

I'm old enough to know better, married with a daughter, three hens and a cat (and a husband!) and spend far too much time messing about on't internet. And now I'm off to try building a shrine for the relationships challenge!
Yes! I had Fixations back in the day. I'm glad someone else has heard of them. :) I ran: *NSYNC, The X-Files, Nicholas Lea (probably best known as Alex Krycek on The X-Files)... I think that's it.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Rain

Post by Rain »

Really late to the party, but how great to see you over here as well, Eunice! :D I'm Rain from TFL and also a shrine newbie. But after discovering Amassment I so want to build like 23894785 shrines xD. Can't wait to see your first shrine :).