Newbie... sort of

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
FandomSavant

Newbie... sort of

Post by FandomSavant »

Hello there! :) I'm Patricia (some of you may know me from the TFL.org board - I'm "BrodyFan" over there).

I'm new to this board, but apparently, I've owned shrines in the past, I just didn't know to call them that. My fansites were always... "different" from others. My Color Me Badd (that's a music group popular in the 1990s, for you youngsters out there) website featured things like song lyrics with a guide to who sang which parts, an archive of news/magazine articles about them, etc. None of the other sites were really doing that.

Then I got into fanlistings... then ran a couple of "Fixations," which, I gather, is like a shrine with a clique to join as part of it.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here! I hope to learn more about Shrines and build a couple I have in my mind right now. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Todd

Re: Newbie... sort of

Post by Todd »

Hi, Patricia! I've seen you posting around TFL! I just started poking around that board again myself.

You're actually the second one here to mention Fixations! That's pretty neat. Apparently, they're pretty close to shrines. It seems like you have some experience and can actually teach us some stuff, too! I am excited you joined here, and hope you'll post lots! Feel free to jump on in and interact with everyone, and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to poke me or one of our awesome staffers. Everyone is really friendly here.

I can't wait to see what you make!
Eunice

Post by Eunice »

Hello! I'm pretty new around here too, and I was into Fixations as well! I'm working on my first shrine, to Jemma Simmons. Warning: they are addictive! I've got ideas for several more I want to build. Anyone got any extra hours to squeeze into the day!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Hi Patricia, welcome to Amassment! I think back in the day there was a difference between fansites and shrines? But in general I do think they're both a dedication to a subject, so to me it's all the same, haha. In any case, it's nice to have you here, and I'm looking forward to the shrines you have planned! :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome welcome! :D I remember a bit about Color Me Badd, though I was a bit younger when they came out. :)

What fandoms are you into these days?
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hi, Patricia! Welcome to Amassment! I see you around on the forums. I'm "Epona." :) It's nice to see you here, and I am excited to hear that you have some experience with making shrines! I bet you have a lot you could teach us. Excited to see whatever you make! :)
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Hello!!!

Funny thing is I just emailed you to thank you for the sweet comment you made on my Elephant fanlisting! xD
Nice to see you here! You will love this community and getting into making more sites! <3 If you have any questions, always feel free to ask any of us!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:Welcome welcome! :D I remember a bit about Color Me Badd, though I was a bit younger when they came out. :)

What fandoms are you into these days?
My main focus (read: obsession) currently is Adrien Brody and his work. I also really love Michael Jackson, "Friends," Woody Allen and Wes Anderson films, and The Lord of the Rings (mostly the movie trilogy, but the book is amazing, too).

Oh! And I'm still a big Color Me Badd fan, but I actually know them now, so running fansites and stuff feels too weird to me. ha ha.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Megan wrote:Hello!!!

Funny thing is I just emailed you to thank you for the sweet comment you made on my Elephant fanlisting! xD
Nice to see you here! You will love this community and getting into making more sites! <3 If you have any questions, always feel free to ask any of us!
Hi there! I LOVE that fanlisting, I should have known it was listed here, as well. You certainly put a lot of work and dedication into it.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Hey, Patricia, and welcome to Amassment! :D Looking forward to seeing your projects. :D
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.