'Sup!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: 'Sup!

Post by Larissa »

Andrea wrote:Hello! And, ugh, thank you so much for your kind words, Larissa. :heart: I LOOOVEEE your shrines and designs a TON (WINDS OF CHANGE!! DEATH WISH!!!, but you probably already know about the latter, haha), so your enthusiasm and compliments seriously mean a lot!!!

Ack! Ah, yes, that... old... SotC layout. That we shan't speak of. XD The info content is almost done, so I hope to unveil the rest of it later today or tomorrow. But again, THANK YOU! :heart: Also, HURRAH FOR ANOTHER SHAKESPEARE FAN. 8DDD \ o / First Tokyo Babylon/X and now Shakespeare. YOU HAVE GOOD TASTES.
:heart:!! Thanks so much for the kind words. RIGHT BACK AT YOU :star:

Admittedly I haven't read much Shakespeare in years but I'm totally here for new and different site topics!! I also... haven't played SotC... weeps, looks at the copy that's been sitting on my kitchen table judging me for the past year. I'LL PLAY IT SOON I SWEAR
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Andrea wrote: Todd! Thank you so much for the welcome. Also, on a slightly random note, Silent Lucidity is one of my favorite shrines; I was so sad when it was taken down, but I was ecstatic when you brought it back! :content:
Thank you so much! No one ever mentions that site, haha. I'm glad you like it! That site is actually unfinished. I need to finish it up!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Elysa wrote: I refuse to do NANA because it's too damn salty ;____; but I'd love to do something for X one day, though I feel like it's too complex a series for me /)w(\ WE COULD ALWAYS DO SOMETHING YUMEKA SUMOMO RELATED, she doesn't get nearly enough love >: (also I bet it's your fault)
YEAH I TOTALLY HAVE THAT YUMEKA SUMOMO ON THE FAR FUTURE PLANS LIST I'd do a joint project for this with you two in a heartbeat!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Lethe wrote:
Elysa wrote: I refuse to do NANA because it's too damn salty ;____; but I'd love to do something for X one day, though I feel like it's too complex a series for me /)w(\ WE COULD ALWAYS DO SOMETHING YUMEKA SUMOMO RELATED, she doesn't get nearly enough love >: (also I bet it's your fault)
YEAH I TOTALLY HAVE THAT YUMEKA SUMOMO ON THE FAR FUTURE PLANS LIST I'd do a joint project for this with you two in a heartbeat!
:D :D :D I'll stop spamming Andrea's topic now. /runs
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Hello! Welcome welcome! I hope you have fun here ^^
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Hello! and welcome! Ohhh holy shit your domain is so beautiful omg ;_; welcome welcome yaaay
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

OMG, HOW DID THIS TOPIC GROW TWO MORE PAGES WITHOUT ME???

Lethe wrote:omg so much love and enthusiasm in this topic, would you look at that. *O* EHEHEHEHEHE BET YOU'RE SUPER GLAD TO HAVE JOINED NOW.

... <O><O>
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF—F-FINE, OK. I GIVE IN. YOU AND ELYSA WERE RIGHT, I PROBABLY SHOULD'VE HOPPED IN SOONER AND I'M SUPER GLAD I'M HERE ALKJDLFKJSLDJF;; /FLINGS FLOWER PETALS AT BOTH OF YOU <3333333333

PRAISE!!! \ o /

Robin wrote:I'm glad you loved the Elsa shrine! It was a lot of fun to put together and I still find myself rereading it for inspiration on future sites :D

AND YAAAAAS SONG OF ICE AND FIRE BOOK SHRINE. I'm up to A Dance with Dragons and I can't find it at my library yet ;_; . I really love Daenerys' part of the storyline so far.
OMGGG, UGH. OK. You see, I have such a hate/love relationship with the A Song of Ice and Fire series because there are times when the writing makes me want to stop and just zone out because of its needless density but THERE ARE OTHER TIMES WHEN I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE THE WORLD BUILDING THAT IS INVOLVED. The places and people just feel so ALIVE, and I love it a lot.

AND YES. Daenerys is an incredible character; I love how complex she has become over the course of the series—how there are times when you are rooting for her to JUST TAKE THE THRONE, FIRE & BLOOD AND ALL THAT JAZZ but also times when you question her choices and her ability to rule. The fifth book has great development for her, so YOU WILL LOVE IT ONCE YOU READ IT. I wish I could just SHIP YOU MY COPY, AAAAAAAHHHH. I hope you manage to get a hold of it soon! Once you do, feel free to scream at me whilst reading it. XD I also love Arya, Asha Greyjoy, Tyrion Lannister, the Tyrells and the Martells. I'm contemplating a shrine for Arya, but I'd have to trudge through the second book again and... errruuggghhhh.

nyxmidnight wrote:YAY FOR BLEACH

ALSO YAY FOR GAIUS

WELCOME TO AMASSMENT
THANK YOU FOR THE WELCOME! :heart: I'm INCREDIBLY behind on Bleach since I'm waiting for the series to finish before I get to the final arc, BUT YEAH. That series was such a big part of my anime/manga experience during middle school and high school, ahahaha, so I'm always happy to see another fan!

wolfrun wrote:Aw, thank you so much!! I'm glad you like my works! ^_^ It's pretty hard to believe it when a site becomes 10 years old, isn't it?? WHERE DOES THE TIME GO

I love Dr Manhattan but I think if I ever did a Watchmen shrine, it'd be for Silk Spectre. xD I'm glad you picked Rorschach though, he's one of the more interesting characters in the series, lots to write about. :3
I would love a shrine for Silk Spectre—for all the characters actually, so. You know. DO. IT. DO IT!!! :D

Crystal wrote:Aww that's awesome. :D Lyn was my first (and oldest) shrine so I'm happy she inspired you to continue with Fire Emblem. <3

I've never really been a fan of Lethality but I enjoy using Gaius. I always find myself using him a lot haha. I can't wait to see the shrine!
As am I! When I picked the game up again, I thought, "What? I actually dropped this? WHAAATTT?!" and now it's become one of my favorite series. <333

Elysa wrote:HIIIII /glomps!! I already told you, but I'm so glad to see you here!!! :D :D :D :heart: also when you finish your current projects know I'm going to bug you about both Ren and something X-related ;)

ALSO I LOVE YOUR NEW TCG LAYOUT *-* so simple & minimalistic, yet so elegant

(I always tend to capslock when I'm talking to you, ahahaha)
Lethe wrote:ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ARE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere at laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :music: :heart: :!: :!: :star: :music2: :music2: :music2: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :heart:
YOU CHEATER </3
EEELLLLYYYYSAAAAAAAAAAA!!! /glomps back

I know I said so before, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE EXCITEMENT, AHAHAHAHA. YOU AND LETHE ARE WHAT DRAGGED ME HERE, SOOOOOO. 8DDD

FFFFFFFFFFFF—BETWEEN NANA AND X. WHAT IS MORE PAINFUL TO REREAD. /SOBS

And I'm totally going to go to the appropriate topic after this and give it even MORE HYPE but SAKURA/SYAORAN???? OMGGG, YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: I AM HERE FOR THIS.

AND PFFFTTT. IT'S OK. I'LL GIVE YOU ALL THE LOVE YOU NEED. \ o / <333333333

Robin wrote:OMG did someone say Watchmen? I'm a lowkey Nite Owl fan myself--poor little "Batman-Lite" cinnamon roll. :3
LOL, omg, "Batman-Lite cinnamon roll"—that is the cutest and most accurate description ever. I will use this whenever I refer to Nite Owl from now on. XD

Lethe wrote:M-make shrines with us... Then we can be some OT3 thing... (Also I capslock all the time when talking to Andrea too, not sure which of us is to blame.)
I CAN SHIP THIS OT3.

A-Also. I THINK. IT'S ACTUALLY ME. I'M... AT FAULT. MY PINKY JUST NATURALLY INCHES TOWARDS THE "SHIFT" KEY AND THEN IT JUST NEVER LEAVES. I'm trying to be more sophisticated and less capslock-happy on the forums, BUT. WHO KNOWS. :DDD

Elysa wrote:I refuse to do NANA because it's too damn salty ;____; but I'd love to do something for X one day, though I feel like it's too complex a series for me /)w(\ WE COULD ALWAYS DO SOMETHING YUMEKA SUMOMO RELATED, she doesn't get nearly enough love >: (also I bet it's your fault)
wolfrun wrote:THIS. COMPLETELY ACCURATE. NANA SO SALTY CAN'T EVEN

So good but so salty~ XD
Absolutely. NANA is salty like salted caramel. Even if it means you're devouring the salt of your tears, you just. Can't. Get. ENOUGH.

But yeah, I WOULD LOOOVVVEEE TO DO EITHER X (which may or may not be just as salty as NANA /SOBS) OR YUMEKA SUMOMO WITH YOU GUYS because yes. SHE NEEDS MORE LOVE.

Larissa wrote::heart:!! Thanks so much for the kind words. RIGHT BACK AT YOU :star:

Admittedly I haven't read much Shakespeare in years but I'm totally here for new and different site topics!! I also... haven't played SotC... weeps, looks at the copy that's been sitting on my kitchen table judging me for the past year. I'LL PLAY IT SOON I SWEAR
:heart: :heart: :heart:

LOL, no worries! PLAY THE GAME WHENEVER YOU HAVE THE TIME. It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that there are still people that play it or are interested in playing it, haha. Do you have the PS3 version by any chance? I never played the HD remastered version, so I'd be curious. :3 Or maybe don't tell me because then I'd be TOO JEALOUS. :P

Todd wrote:Thank you so much! No one ever mentions that site, haha. I'm glad you like it! That site is actually unfinished. I need to finish it up!
Of course, of course! I love reading it. :D When I first came across it, I actually wasn't familiar with the character or the series, but ended up reading everything anyway (same with Starbuck!). I was living in China during that time, so I didn't get to watch the series myself (Internet censorship and all that), so I did so vicariously through your shrines until I was finally able to, haha.

B-But to be honest... I didn't realize it wasn't finished?! If it's any consolation, I hardly noticed, but I'm definitely looking forward to whatever sections you might add in the future!

Lethe wrote:YEAH I TOTALLY HAVE THAT YUMEKA SUMOMO ON THE FAR FUTURE PLANS LIST I'd do a joint project for this with you two in a heartbeat!
I REMEMBER THIS YOU TOLD ME ABOUT THIS A LONG TIME AGO. YOOO. LET'S GET IT DONE!!! Joint OT3 projects galore!!! \ o /

Mikari wrote:Hello! Welcome welcome! I hope you have fun here ^^
Thank you so much for the warm welcome! :D It's great to be here, and I hope to have lots of fun as well. I also love your site; I recall visiting it many times for some CSS tips and other coding tricks. Your tutorials are incredibly helpful and your art is so cute!

dubiousdisc wrote:Hello! and welcome! Ohhh holy shit your domain is so beautiful omg ;_; welcome welcome yaaay
Hello, and thank you for the welcome! Also, RIGHT BACK AT YOU. I've been a huge fan of your sites for the longest time after accidentally stumbling across your Sableye shrine. I am always amazed and inspired by your minimalist layouts and incredible CSS tricks/skills; they encourage me to also push myself and learn new things. ALSO YOUR ART IS FANTASTIC, so your words mean a ton! ; A; <3
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Andrea wrote:FFFFFFFFFFFF—BETWEEN NANA AND X. WHAT IS MORE PAINFUL TO REREAD. /SOBS
I KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS! NANA due to the sheer amount of emotional pain, X for masochistic pain bc of Tokyo Babylon and Rainbow Bridge - but definitely X FOR HEADDESKING PAIN BECAUSE NOTHING IS HAPPENING HALF OF THE TIME.
Andrea wrote:A-Also. I THINK. IT'S ACTUALLY ME. I'M... AT FAULT. MY PINKY JUST NATURALLY INCHES TOWARDS THE "SHIFT" KEY AND THEN IT JUST NEVER LEAVES. I'm trying to be more sophisticated and less capslock-happy on the forums, BUT. WHO KNOWS. :DDD
Okay, I've browsed this topic and the forums some more and have come to the conclusion it is entirely your fault. In fact, I think this topic has grown so much because everyone's feeding off the energy and enthusiasm in the above average amount of capslocking in here. (how do you even capslock so much without using the capslock key though wtf andrea)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Eunice

Post by Eunice »

Hello Andrea and welcome! This is a great board and well, as you've already found out, a lot of fun!
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Lethe wrote:Okay, I've browsed this topic and the forums some more and have come to the conclusion it is entirely your fault. In fact, I think this topic has grown so much because everyone's feeding off the energy and enthusiasm in the above average amount of capslocking in here. (how do you even capslock so much without using the capslock key though wtf andrea)
Excitement grows exponentially when CAPSLOCKING HAPPENS. CONFIRMED.

(I-I dunno, dude... It's like my left pinky's a paperweight on the "Shift" key and then THE REST OF MY FINGERS DO ALL THE KEYSMASHING.)

B-But I'll seriously try to control the amount of caps on my posts, though, lololol. ( /)ω(\ )"

Eunice wrote:Hello Andrea and welcome! This is a great board and well, as you've already found out, a lot of fun!
Hello, Eunice! Thank you so much for the sweet welcome. Your domain looks lovely, and I'm definitely excited to see what shrines and fanlistings you pump out! :D