'Sup!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Andrea

'Sup!

Post by Andrea »

Hello, everyone! My name is Andrea. :3

I’ve been building websites since 2003-2004-ish and used to shrine a lot when I was in middle school. High school and then college took over, though, so I stopped updating the shrine content of a lot of my sites. I still continued to make websites, though—mostly fanlistings—whenever I found the time or inspiration to! I’ve hopped from subdomain to subdomain over the years, but I recently registered my first domain (which I’m still super stoked about, ahaha). So now that my sites have a more permanent home, I’m interested in building/updating shrines again!

Um, I’ve kind of been a long-time lurker of Amassment (ever since it first began on Livejournal actually!), but I never really found the time to join or participate in any of the activities. I loved looking at the creations that came out of them, though! During college I kind of fell out of the loop, but then a friend told me that you guys relocated here and aldskflakjsdf;; everything looks so lovely and amazing. It’s incredible how much this place has grown!!! But, ahem, yeah, anyways, my friends persuaded me to actually join this time and so! HERE. I. AM. \ o /

I think I recognize a few of you from some online TCGs; I hope to get to know you guys more as well as everyone else here! <3
Lethe

Re: 'Sup!

Post by Lethe »

ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ARE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere at laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :music: :heart: :!: :!: :star: :music2: :music2: :music2: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :heart:

MAKOTO SHINKAI
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Todd

Post by Todd »

Sup, Andrea! Haha, I have heard about you from Lethe! I'm so glad you promoted yourself from lurker to member! Looks like you already have an Amassment resource in Lethe, haha, but if there's anything I can help you with, feel free to poke me!

I'm excited about yours and Lethe's Dynamic Duos projects!
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Welcome to Amassment Andrea! Your domain is gorgeous! (and Gauis fanlisting!)
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Hello, Andrea :D :D Welcome to Amassment! I love your domain! :D I really like your layout style (especially Shadow of the Colossus omg how gorgeous)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome welcome! So glad you're here! you'll definitely find lots of inspiration here to get restarted shrining :)

Also, I love the heavy influence of Peter Pan on your domain :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Helloooo! Lethe has also mentioned you to me, haha. I love the design for your domain, and your designs in general; I really love your minimalist style. (I'm always in awe when people can pull off minimalism :inlove:) I also REALLY LOVE the new layout for your Shadow of the Colossus fanlisting; I remember seeing a different one the other day when I visited but the new one is really fantastic! :heart: :star:

Looking forward to seeing you around here, and to your future creations. C: (Also definitely looking forward to the Shakespeare stuff on your project list?! Yes please?!?! :!: :!: :!: )
tonight fate is the
Laura

Post by Laura »

OH MAI GAD YOU HAVE A SHRINE TO A CHARACTER FROM DOGS!!!!! I loved that manga!! It's so nice to see someone else appreciate it. x3 And I'm so stoked you're thinking about a Rorschach shrine too, the Watchmen was amazing. <3

Welcome aboard!! XD
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Welcome to Amassment! Ahh, your domain is so lovely, and I'm excited for your projects list. :)
a spoony bard
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

Aaaaaaaahhhhh, oh my goodness, thank you all so much for the warm welcome! :heart: I'm glad to be here. 8D

Lethe wrote:ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ARE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere at laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :music: :heart: :!: :!: :star: :music2: :music2: :music2: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :heart:

MAKOTO SHINKAI
LOOOOLLLOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. LETTTHHEEEEEEEE. OMG. ALL BECAUSE OF YOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU AND YOUR EFFORTS OF COURSE. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

AND OF COURSE MAKOTO SHINKAI BECAUSE I'M SO PREDICTABLE. /SOBS But at least it wasn't 5 Centimeters Per Second again for, like, the nth time, ahahahahaha.

Todd wrote:Sup, Andrea! Haha, I have heard about you from Lethe! I'm so glad you promoted yourself from lurker to member! Looks like you already have an Amassment resource in Lethe, haha, but if there's anything I can help you with, feel free to poke me!

I'm excited about yours and Lethe's Dynamic Duos projects!
Todd! Thank you so much for the welcome. Also, on a slightly random note, Silent Lucidity is one of my favorite shrines; I was so sad when it was taken down, but I was ecstatic when you brought it back! :content:

And haha, yes! I didn't know of the free advertisement I was getting until recently—LETHE! ( /)u(\ )

Crystal wrote:Welcome to Amassment Andrea! Your domain is gorgeous! (and Gauis fanlisting!)
Thanks a ton for the warm welcome, Crystal! It means a lot! Along with my best friend's prodding, your Lyndis shrine was what convinced me to give the Fire Emblem series another go after failing spectacularly the first time I played the game as a kid, ahahaha.

And yeeesss, Gaius! My favorite from Awakening because Lethality is the greatest thing on this earth. :P I'm still reorganzing content, but hopefully the shrine will be up soon. :heart:

Megan A wrote:Hello, Andrea :D :D Welcome to Amassment! I love your domain! :D I really like your layout style (especially Shadow of the Colossus omg how gorgeous)
Hello, and thank you so much! :D The info content on the SotC site is almost done, so hopefully I'll be able to unveil the rest of the layout soon, haha.

Also, I know you know this already, but I'm just going to reiterate: I love the cliques you made, especially Unity. :heart: Ugh, all that childhood nostalgia!

Robin wrote:Welcome welcome! So glad you're here! you'll definitely find lots of inspiration here to get restarted shrining :)

Also, I love the heavy influence of Peter Pan on your domain :D
Thank you; I'm glad to be here! :3 Lethe probably already told you, but your Elsa shrine is amazing! I had a ton of fun reading it, and I loved how personal you made it.

YES, I love Peter Pan, so it probably wasn't a surprise to my friends that I got a domain reflecting that, haha. Also! I drift in and out of fandoms a lot, but ones that I'm consistently into are:

Anime/Manga: Yumeka Sumomo stuff, X/1999, Tokyo Babylon, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, GANGSTA, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin, Studio Ghibli films, Makoto Shinkai stuff, Satoshi Kon movies
Films: Wong Kar Wai movies
Video Games: Dragon Age series, Final Fantasy series, Fire Emblem series, The Legend of Zelda series, Guild Wars + other MMOs
TV Shows: BLACK SAILS!!!
Literature: A Song of Ice and Fire (not the show), William Shakespeare, Richard Siken poetry, Ray Bradbury

Also, thank you so much for the coins! I'll be perusing the shop to see what goodies I can buy. :D

Larissa wrote:Helloooo! Lethe has also mentioned you to me, haha. I love the design for your domain, and your designs in general; I really love your minimalist style. (I'm always in awe when people can pull off minimalism :inlove:) I also REALLY LOVE the new layout for your Shadow of the Colossus fanlisting; I remember seeing a different one the other day when I visited but the new one is really fantastic! :heart: :star:

Looking forward to seeing you around here, and to your future creations. C: (Also definitely looking forward to the Shakespeare stuff on your project list?! Yes please?!?! :!: :!: :!: )
Hello! And, ugh, thank you so much for your kind words, Larissa. :heart: I LOOOVEEE your shrines and designs a TON (WINDS OF CHANGE!! DEATH WISH!!!, but you probably already know about the latter, haha), so your enthusiasm and compliments seriously mean a lot!!!

Ack! Ah, yes, that... old... SotC layout. That we shan't speak of. XD The info content is almost done, so I hope to unveil the rest of it later today or tomorrow. But again, THANK YOU! :heart: Also, HURRAH FOR ANOTHER SHAKESPEARE FAN. 8DDD \ o / First Tokyo Babylon/X and now Shakespeare. YOU HAVE GOOD TASTES.

wolfrun wrote:OH MAI GAD YOU HAVE A SHRINE TO A CHARACTER FROM DOGS!!!!! I loved that manga!! It's so nice to see someone else appreciate it. x3 And I'm so stoked you're thinking about a Rorschach shrine too, the Watchmen was amazing. <3

Welcome aboard!! XD
Thank you for the warm welcome! <3 I remember coming across your Kyo shrine way back when, and aaahhh, the revamp looks amazing. And NEPTUNE/URANUS, MY SAILOR MOON OTP, of course I adore your site!

AND OMGGG, YEEESSS, DOGS!!! I'M ALWAYS EXCITED TO MEET ANOTHER FAN, AAAAHHHHH. My Fuyumine Naoto site is actually one of my first attempts at shrining, haha. I plan to revamp it over the next few months since it will turn 10 years old (!!!!! omg, this is the first time I'm realizing it!) next year.

And yes! WATCHMEN! I was kind of torn between Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach for a while, but the latter started appealing to me more, so hopefully soon. :D

Emma wrote:Welcome to Amassment! Ahh, your domain is so lovely, and I'm excited for your projects list. :)
Thank you for the warm welcome, Emma! Your Kain Highwind shrine was one of the Final Fantasy shrines that compelled me to play the other FF games when I was younger, especially FFIV! And Captain of Division Awesome still cracks me up after all these years, omg, I love it a ton. I love your sites, so your excitement definitely means a lot! :3