'Sup!

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Lethe

Re: 'Sup!

Post by Lethe »

omg so much love and enthusiasm in this topic, would you look at that. *O* EHEHEHEHEHE BET YOU'RE SUPER GLAD TO HAVE JOINED NOW.

... <O><O>
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Andrea wrote:
Robin wrote:Welcome welcome! So glad you're here! you'll definitely find lots of inspiration here to get restarted shrining :)

Also, I love the heavy influence of Peter Pan on your domain :D
Thank you; I'm glad to be here! :3 Lethe probably already told you, but your Elsa shrine is amazing! I had a ton of fun reading it, and I loved how personal you made it.

YES, I love Peter Pan, so it probably wasn't a surprise to my friends that I got a domain reflecting that, haha. Also! I drift in and out of fandoms a lot, but ones that I'm consistently into are:

Anime/Manga: Yumeka Sumomo stuff, X/1999, Tokyo Babylon, Dogs: Bullets & Carnage, GANGSTA, Yu Yu Hakusho, Bleach, Death Note, Shingeki no Kyojin, Studio Ghibli films, Makoto Shinkai stuff, Satoshi Kon movies
Films: Wong Kar Wai movies
Video Games: Dragon Age series, Final Fantasy series, Fire Emblem series, The Legend of Zelda series, Guild Wars + other MMOs
TV Shows: BLACK SAILS!!!
Literature: A Song of Ice and Fire (not the show), William Shakespeare, Richard Siken poetry, Ray Bradbury

Also, thank you so much for the coins! I'll be perusing the shop to see what goodies I can buy. :D
I'm glad you loved the Elsa shrine! It was a lot of fun to put together and I still find myself rereading it for inspiration on future sites :D

AND YAAAAAS SONG OF ICE AND FIRE BOOK SHRINE. I'm up to A Dance with Dragons and I can't find it at my library yet ;_; . I really love Daenerys' part of the storyline so far.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

YAY FOR BLEACH

ALSO YAY FOR GAIUS

WELCOME TO AMASSMENT
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Laura

Post by Laura »

Andrea wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome! <3 I remember coming across your Kyo shrine way back when, and aaahhh, the revamp looks amazing. And NEPTUNE/URANUS, MY SAILOR MOON OTP, of course I adore your site!

AND OMGGG, YEEESSS, DOGS!!! I'M ALWAYS EXCITED TO MEET ANOTHER FAN, AAAAHHHHH. My Fuyumine Naoto site is actually one of my first attempts at shrining, haha. I plan to revamp it over the next few months since it will turn 10 years old (!!!!! omg, this is the first time I'm realizing it!) next year.

And yes! WATCHMEN! I was kind of torn between Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach for a while, but the latter started appealing to me more, so hopefully soon. :D
Aw, thank you so much!! I'm glad you like my works! ^_^ It's pretty hard to believe it when a site becomes 10 years old, isn't it?? WHERE DOES THE TIME GO

I love Dr Manhattan but I think if I ever did a Watchmen shrine, it'd be for Silk Spectre. xD I'm glad you picked Rorschach though, he's one of the more interesting characters in the series, lots to write about. :3
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Andrea wrote:Thanks a ton for the warm welcome, Crystal! It means a lot! Along with my best friend's prodding, your Lyndis shrine was what convinced me to give the Fire Emblem series another go after failing spectacularly the first time I played the game as a kid, ahahaha.

And yeeesss, Gaius! My favorite from Awakening because Lethality is the greatest thing on this earth. :P I'm still reorganzing content, but hopefully the shrine will be up soon. :heart;
Aww that's awesome. :D Lyn was my first (and oldest) shrine so I'm happy she inspired you to continue with Fire Emblem. <3

I've never really been a fan of Lethality but I enjoy using Gaius. I always find myself using him a lot haha. I can't wait to see the shrine!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

HIIIII /glomps!! I already told you, but I'm so glad to see you here!!! :D :D :D :heart: also when you finish your current projects know I'm going to bug you about both Ren and something X-related ;)

ALSO I LOVE YOUR NEW TCG LAYOUT *-* so simple & minimalistic, yet so elegant

(I always tend to capslock when I'm talking to you, ahahaha)
Lethe wrote:ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ARE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere at laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :music: :heart: :!: :!: :star: :music2: :music2: :music2: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :heart:
YOU CHEATER </3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

wolfrun wrote:
Andrea wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome! <3 I remember coming across your Kyo shrine way back when, and aaahhh, the revamp looks amazing. And NEPTUNE/URANUS, MY SAILOR MOON OTP, of course I adore your site!

AND OMGGG, YEEESSS, DOGS!!! I'M ALWAYS EXCITED TO MEET ANOTHER FAN, AAAAHHHHH. My Fuyumine Naoto site is actually one of my first attempts at shrining, haha. I plan to revamp it over the next few months since it will turn 10 years old (!!!!! omg, this is the first time I'm realizing it!) next year.

And yes! WATCHMEN! I was kind of torn between Dr. Manhattan and Rorschach for a while, but the latter started appealing to me more, so hopefully soon. :D
Aw, thank you so much!! I'm glad you like my works! ^_^ It's pretty hard to believe it when a site becomes 10 years old, isn't it?? WHERE DOES THE TIME GO

I love Dr Manhattan but I think if I ever did a Watchmen shrine, it'd be for Silk Spectre. xD I'm glad you picked Rorschach though, he's one of the more interesting characters in the series, lots to write about. :3
OMG did someone say Watchmen? I'm a lowkey Nite Owl fan myself--poor little "Batman-Lite" cinnamon roll. :3
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Elysa wrote:(I always tend to capslock when I'm talking to you, ahahaha)
Lethe wrote:ANDREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LOVE OF MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU ARE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere at laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :music: :heart: :!: :!: :star: :music2: :music2: :music2: :star: :star: :star: :heart: :heart:
YOU CHEATER </3
M-make shrines with us... Then we can be some OT3 thing... (Also I capslock all the time when talking to Andrea too, not sure which of us is to blame.)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Lethe wrote:
Elysa wrote:(I always tend to capslock when I'm talking to you, ahahaha)
YOU CHEATER </3
M-make shrines with us... Then we can be some OT3 thing... (Also I capslock all the time when talking to Andrea too, not sure which of us is to blame.)
I refuse to do NANA because it's too damn salty ;____; but I'd love to do something for X one day, though I feel like it's too complex a series for me /)w(\ WE COULD ALWAYS DO SOMETHING YUMEKA SUMOMO RELATED, she doesn't get nearly enough love >: (also I bet it's your fault)
Laura

Post by Laura »

Elysa wrote:I refuse to do NANA because it's too damn salty ;____; but I'd love to do something for X one day, though I feel like it's too complex a series for me /)w(\ WE COULD ALWAYS DO SOMETHING YUMEKA SUMOMO RELATED, she doesn't get nearly enough love >: (also I bet it's your fault)
THIS. COMPLETELY ACCURATE. NANA SO SALTY CAN'T EVEN

So good but so salty~ XD