Hello! *waves*

New, or have been away from the board for a while? Introduce or reintroduce yourself to us!
Forum rules
New and a bit lost? Check out the Getting Started topic and the Mentor Program!
Amanda

Hello! *waves*

Post by Amanda »

Hey guys! I've actually been registered here for almost a year but never got around to introducing myself so hello! My name is Amanda :D

I haven't created many shrines but I'm really into fansites and, at one point, fanlistings. I've had quite a few domains over the last 7-8 years but the one I've had the longest was battlehymn.org, in case anyone recognizes the URL :) I recently changed jobs and so I have a lot more time online and the idea of shrines have always interested me so I'm going to give it a shot! I've been creating and maintaining fansites for almost 10 years now. I currently own (and designed) Hayley Atwell Online and Chadwick Boseman Fan (which I just opened today!) I also founded Tom Hiddleston Online too :)

I do have a personal domain, victoriana.net, but I won't be renewing it because I can't afford to pay for renewals/hosting and with the cost of running fansites, I'm almost poor haha! But I am looking for subdomain hosting if anyone could point me in that direction, I'd really appreciate it! I've actually already created my first shrine dedicated to my one of my favorite characters, Bucky Barnes, so I hope I'll be able to find somewhere to host it (and all my other zanny interests).

BUT HELLO! :D I can't wait to start posting more and getting to know everyone :heart:
Last edited by Amanda on Sat May 21, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camy
Administrator

Re: Hello! *waves*

Post by Camy »

Welcome to Amassment Amanda and omg, Tom Hiddleston! I used your site back when I used to create edits over on Tumblr two or so years ago to search for images. Really really love job managing such a huge site!

You're free to make a topic to search for someone to host you over at http://board.amassment.org/viewforum.php?f=52 :D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Camy wrote:Welcome to Amassment Amanda and omg, Tom Hiddleston! I used your site back when I used to create edits over on Tumblr two or so years ago to search for images. Really really love job managing such a huge site!

You're free to make a topic to search for someone to host you over at http://board.amassment.org/viewforum.php?f=52 :D
Thank you so much Camy! OMG YOU DID!? That makes me so happy to hear!! I've pretty much relinquished all control over the site but I'll ALWAYS love it and Tom <3

Ooh thank you for that link!! I didn't know if we were allowed to ask about hosting or not and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers! :heart:
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Yay for finally posting, and welcome to Amassment! <3 It's always lovely to see people give Amassment a try after things in life have become less hectic. :star:

Your fansites look great! *O* I know Mousey at http://www.fairy-fountain.net/ offers free subdomain hosting, but if you'd rather be hosted by an Amassment member, go ahead and make the topic. :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Amanda wrote:
Camy wrote:Welcome to Amassment Amanda and omg, Tom Hiddleston! I used your site back when I used to create edits over on Tumblr two or so years ago to search for images. Really really love job managing such a huge site!

Thank you so much Camy! OMG YOU DID!? That makes me so happy to hear!! I've pretty much relinquished all control over the site but I'll ALWAYS love it and Tom <3

Ooh thank you for that link!! I didn't know if we were allowed to ask about hosting or not and I didn't want to ruffle any feathers! :heart:
You're welcome and yes I did! Tom is <3333

Hehe, you're welcome! If you're not sure about something else in the future, you're welcome to PM me and the other mods~
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Welcome to Amassment! I really like your fansites, especially Tom Hiddleston, haha I used to visit that a lot for photoshoot images. I can't wait to see your upcoming shrines, and if you need subdomain hosting I can provide if you need it (if you can find a domain of mine you like haha).
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Welcome welcome! OMG fellow Hiddles fan *glomp*

LOL, but seriously, your sites are all awesome--such beautiful layouts and lots of info :D So glad you're here! Also, yay for a Bucky shrine! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aku

Post by Aku »

Hi Amanda, welcome! :heh: Your sites are all so lovely! I see the other members have already pointed you in the direction of where to look for hosting--so I hope you'll find a place to be comfortable at and make even more sites. :music: See you around! :D
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Welcome among us Amanda! >o<
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Hi! Welcome to Amassment! I hope you have lots of fun here :D