Shrine blurbs

Talk with others about anything shrine-related, be it presentation, content or something else.
Cherri

Shrine blurbs

Post by Cherri »

So I recently made a new collective for my Legend of Zelda shrines and how I have the network page there are spaces for about a paragraph for the shrine because I wanted to try it. While I currently have Loren ipsum filler text I would like to actually put something there. So on to my question.

When writing little paragraphs on about your shrines, what exactly do you write? Like what it is about, why you did it? What do you like to read when someone has these little blurbs.

My collective is http://legend.piratesboard.net if you want to see it. In case you need help cause I'm not making sense.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mikari

Re: Shrine blurbs

Post by Mikari »

Maybe you can put what the site is about, the style of the content, when it was made, what inspired it, mention of it has media, and anything you feel like saying. ^^
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

That's a really good idea. Media would be like graphics and extra things kinda like what we did for our Ronin shrines, yes? And could you further explain style of content? I don't quite understand.
;o; *** pew! pew!
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

First: A LoZ collective YESSSSS!!!! I want more LoZ shrines!!!! ♥ ♥ *gush gush gush*

Second: I know I mentioned on twitter, but for me, I usually mention:

• Year site was opened
• Who the site is for and what series
• Why I chose to write about aforementioned character

For you, I think you don't need to mention the series but you could probably mention the specific game if you wanted. I'd be interested in seeing a blurb talking about why you like the character! :)
Laura

Post by Laura »

For a collective like yours, I would suggest mentioning what sort of sites (one page shrines, multi page shrines, fanlistings, etc) are currently part of the collective. Do all sites pertain to Ocarina of Time, or do they go beyond that? You could even mention if you have any projects upcoming too! :3

I also second Destinie's suggestion of mentioning when the collective was first opened and maybe even the date of your very first site in the collective. :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Seconding all the suggestions thus far, and adding that you might just want to write a bit of "once-upon-a-time"-esque prose, like "In the beginning cutscenes of [game], it seems like all is well, and then [huge conflict that kicks off the game] begins. [Shrined character] becomes wrapped up in this; during the course of the game, [character] became my favorite."

Something like that anyway. Might'a sounded better in my head. xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Cherri wrote:That's a really good idea. Media would be like graphics and extra things kinda like what we did for our Ronin shrines, yes? And could you further explain style of content? I don't quite understand.
Mentioning stuff like there being wallpapers, or icons, basically letting people know that there are goodies to be found which they can use. For the style if it's a monomyth, if it focuses on a relationship, if it centers around a character in terms of figuring out who they are and why they do what they do, or if it focuses more on the narrative side, the things that happened in the story and the reasons why. It's hard to explain, but some shrines have a perspective of how the character affected the plot, while others are more about how the plot affected the character, etc. Of course both perspectives are important and you can have both in the same shrine.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

When I used to have blurbs, what I'd write would be more of the type of one intriguing phrase - sorta poetry-like - to introduce the subject in the light in which I wrote it. A mysterious teaser of sort.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I really, really like reading the descriptions that people have on their networks for their sites/projects (if they have some) which is why I am trying to include these on sutarodo. It's interesting to see other people's responses to what they like to see and what they do!

I really like seeing a description of the site such as why it was made and what it's about. Is it an in-depth analysis of a specific feature of a game/character/etc., or is it full of personal ramblings? I also like ones like dubiousdisc mentioned too where they have a more cryptic description because those can be super unique and definitely intriguing.

I'm still trying to work through what exactly I want mine to be, but so far I've written pretty much what the site is about and/or why I decided to make it and what visitors can expect in the shrine's content. I also include the name of the shrine, character and series/game that character is from and a last updated date (if you have an archived site, you could just write Last Updated: Archived if you include an update date).