Staff Changes

All important news regarding Amassment and its community at a glance.
Todd

Staff Changes

Post by Todd »

Hey, guys!

There have been a few changes on our staff teams that I want to bring to everyone's attention.

Sadly, Sarah has stepped down from the Forum Team to focus on some real life commitments, including a new job. While we're sad to see her go, we are really excited for her and want the best for her. She was one of Amassment's first Forum Team staffers when we first opened the board, and we owe many of the things that we do today to her hard work, feedback, and planning. She let me know that she still plans to frequent the board as a member, so this isn't goodbye, it's thank you.

Cherri has moved from the Events Team to the Directory Team. She's a Directory Checker now, and will help Samantha and her team keep the directory clean, organized, and functional. Cherri has been an amazing staffer on the Events Team for years, and I have no doubt she'll be equally amazing in her new role.

We have three new staffers: Emma, Megan K, and Megan A! Emma and Megan K are part of the Events Team. They have a lot of energy and ideas, and have already started planning some upcoming activities.

Megan A is part of a brand new team here at Amassment: the Communications Team, working under our Communications Administrator, Destinie. The Communications Team is going to focus on social media, outreach, and recruitment. With this team, we want to promote and introduce shines and shrining to more and more people. I won't give away too much of what this team will be working on until stuff starts launching, but know there's some exciting things ahead.

Help me welcome our new staffers, and thank Sarah for all she's done once again!

(We are still accepting applications for several of our teams! The Communications Team in particular will need one or two more people. If you are interested, please do not hesitate to apply! Details are in this post.)

Thanks guys. :)
Mikari

Re: Staff Changes

Post by Mikari »

Thank you for everything Sarah and welcome to all the new staffers! :D *throws confetti*
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Aw, I'm sad to see Sarah left staff, but I'm glad to hear she'll still be around the forums! (Congrats on the new job, too!! :D)

Congratulations to all the new staffers, too~!! <3
Todd

Post by Todd »

AdriCULOUS wrote:Also, I'm just curious about applying for staff. Is there a certain "seniority" requirement that a member has to be in order to be part of the staff? Like for example, a person has to be a member for a certain period of time to be considered part of staff?
Hi, Adri! Definitely not. We have had staffers who were very new to the community. We have staffers who don't have shrines yet (or anymore). We have no real requirement. Anyone is welcome to apply. Just keep in mind we don't respond to applications, so don't feel like you're being ignored when we don't respond to you. We fill staff positions as needed, and keep applications on file so when openings occur we can reach out to interested, qualified people.

As for qualifications, we have no real rubric for what we look for, but certain people fit different teams better than others. Communications and Forum Team members need to be pretty active at the community, for example. Events Team members need to be outgoing and be able to communicate well since they run events, where with Directory Team, that's not necessarily needed. Directory Team members need to know html really well. What we're looking for in each team is laid out in the application itself. Thanks for your inquiry!