Through Realms - Link

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: Through Realms - Link

Post by Destinie »

thanks, tara!! I would love to see you do a legend do Zelda shrine sometime! that would be great!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

OH MY GOD THIS SITE IS WONDERFUL, DESTINIE. A Link To The Past is one of my fav games ever and I love that you've dedicated a site to the Link from just that specific game/timeline. I'm still reading through everything but I just had to make flailing comment about how much I'm loving it so far. The timeline page is fascinating - it's something I've paid little attention to because it seemed unnecessary to me, but that's a really interesting page and "Link's Awakening was the dream that Link had while he was asleep for 7 years in Ocarina of Time." OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS. I've never heard that theory before!

I love how you make so many links and references between the games, too. There's a lot I've not really thought about that you bring up and it's such a good read.

This is making me so nostalgic for this game. Randon A Link To The Past feelings: I ADORE the intro the game - you've got that great music and the text setting up the game, then your uncle and that OTHER great music and the rain and ugh, it's so atmospheric to me especially considering the limitations of the technology.
a spoony bard
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Emma, I so appreciate your feedback and I really am so glad you love it. I am also so so glad I was able to invoke those feelings of nostalgia for you; I had a lot of those same feelings while I was writing this site! that means a lot to me!!!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Destinie, this is amazing! I love the layout, simple and clean, and the name of the shrine! :yay:

This was really a great read! I haven't played A Link to the Past and this gave me exactly all the information I needed, plus of course why you love Link from this timeline so much! (And bless you for making that Timeline page! My gosh, Nintendo, what are you doing, trying to fit all the games in one timeline...) I also loved the comparison between this Link and OoT/Wolf Link!

Great job! :star:
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

This was a really nice surprise, Destinie!!!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never finished a single Zelda game before. I briefly considered buying A Link Between Worlds when I finally got my 3DS, but couldn't tell if I'd be able to enjoy the game after having ignored this massive franchise for so long. My point is that what I like the most about your site is how beginner friendly it is ;w;

I really enjoyed reading through the first few pages of the site (and it made me actually understand what's going on in this series and why it's so popular, tbh I'm kind of mindblown by the basic concept surrounding LoZ games right now hahah). And it also feels familiar because I have actually played A Link to the Past, I just never had the diligence to finish it (I was kinda distracted by Final Fantasy at the time). In fact, I'm gonna start playing it again and see if I can beat it this time and who knows, maybe I'll like it and get other games like A Link Between Worlds, which sounds rly cool in theory.

But yeah, thanks a lot for this great site and congratulations!!!!
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

high seraph wrote:This was a really nice surprise, Destinie!!!

I'm embarrassed to admit that I have never finished a single Zelda game before. I briefly considered buying A Link Between Worlds when I finally got my 3DS, but couldn't tell if I'd be able to enjoy the game after having ignored this massive franchise for so long. My point is that what I like the most about your site is how beginner friendly it is ;w;

I really enjoyed reading through the first few pages of the site (and it made me actually understand what's going on in this series and why it's so popular, tbh I'm kind of mindblown by the basic concept surrounding LoZ games right now hahah). And it also feels familiar because I have actually played A Link to the Past, I just never had the diligence to finish it (I was kinda distracted by Final Fantasy at the time). In fact, I'm gonna start playing it again and see if I can beat it this time and who knows, maybe I'll like it and get other games like A Link Between Worlds, which sounds rly cool in theory.

But yeah, thanks a lot for this great site and congratulations!!!!
Awww!! Thanks for all the nice feedback! ♥ I'm really glad that my site was able to provide you with a nice overview and hopefully dove a little bit into why I like this version of Link so much! I hope it inspires you to pick up more Zelda games, too!

TBH I have never actually finished A Link to the Past myself, I've watched my brother play through it and I'm still about 3 temples away from the end of the game. /O\ You can definitely get into playing A Link Between Worlds without having beaten the other games because each Zelda title really stands on its own as a unique story and experience. So I highly recommend!
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

One thing that I always like about your sites is that you have everything very organized! I like that I always get an introduction of the subject, which helps a lot if I am not as familiar with the subject as I'd like to be (this is something my sites often lack x_x).

I am also really glad you have the Timeline page, because there are SOOO many games, and its so hard to keep track of sometimes, at least for me. This helped me grasp an idea of what is going on in the Legend of Zelda world!

I personally liked your sacred animal page the best, because I am a sucker for symbolism and information like this! I also love animals hehe, so this page definitely sparked my interest the most!

Great job overall! <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Thanks, Megan!! ♥ I'm so glad to hear it! I also had a lot of fun writing the sacred animals section so I'm glad you liked that one :)