Gifted

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: Gifted

Post by Destinie »

Robin...to echo everyone else here this is fantastic. I really love how you've drawn a parallel between this character and a real-life story and how this just defies what I usually think of as a Shrine. Sure, it definitely is a shrine, but it is breaking our mental model and opening up a new way of looking at how we share about characters we like and WHY we like them; because they have this connection with something that is important to us in our daily lives.

This is beautiful. I would love to see more of this...
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Destinie: Thank you! :D I was actually not sure whether this would even count as a shrine when I first started conceiving the idea--I was thinking "well I don't have any character info or pics, so it's not really a ~shrine~," etc. Glad I didn't stop myself then, because this is finally a shrine I can be proud of. :D

Now I just need to go back and make my Clefairy shrine this original, lololol
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This is a unique approach to a shine. You did really well, the content was very interesting to listen to and it had a personal feel to it.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Mikari: Thank you! :D Hopefully it will not be the last of its kind on WMW.org :D
withinmyworld.org
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Robin, it's wonderful! I am so glad you went ahead and made this. It was such an interesting and engaging read, and I love how personal it is, too. I've never seen a shrine like this before, but that is a good thing. It's definitely a breath of fresh air and an incredibly insightful look into Elsa's character. Her being told to conceal her powers, and the harmful effects that result from that line of thinking, always make me feel so sad and think of what could have been had her powers been met with more open-mindedness. I'm glad you took on this issue, lending your own experiences and providing your own kind of "lesson plan" for Elsa. All in all it's an awesome site. :)

And I got you linked at my Elsa site. Thank you!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Sarah: Yay! Glad you like it and that it's readable and understandable as a "lesson plan" of sorts. (Hadn't done one of those in about six years...wow, has it been that long? xD) I'm glad that I went with my first instincts for a shrine instead of waiting around and trying to "justify" it somehow with a bunch of extraneous stuff.

Also, yay for linkage! Your link is both on my main page and my "Site" page :D
withinmyworld.org
Saya

Post by Saya »

Wow, i got blown away with this approach to Elsa, which is really different. Nice work done on the content, loved reading it and it was really interesting... now I just would need to move my butt and work on my Olaf shrine that I'm trying to do for over a year <o<

Anyway all this to say: great job robin!
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you Saya! ^o^

(I'm also working on an Olaf shrine, but like Gifted, it'll be a little different--can't wait to see what you come up with!)
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

After almost two years, I have tidied up this little site!!

Changelog:
- Google Fonts, Google Fonts EVERYWHERE
- Intra-site navigation at the bottom of every content page
- New 200 x 40 button
- Complete content review/revision
- Better content formatting (no more long-winded lists!!!!!!!)

Check it out and see what you think! :D
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Oh Robin... ;_; I couldn't even make it past "Real Life Elsa" without coming back here to comment because it totally hit home with me. All my report cards from back when I was Alan's age all said the same thing... "disrupts other students," "talks too much," "not owning up to full potential" etc. I wish I had a teacher like you when I was in school! (Fun fact, girls often go overlooked for ADHD because they typically aren't as disruptive as boys are, at least not in the same way. Blah!)

Ok I read more, LOL. Really interesting approach to a shrine for Elsa, I really enjoyed reading it. :D It is definitely a different perspective to the entire movie that I don't think people really notice. I love it! <3

I also can't believe I haven't commented on this before but I think that I wasn't around for when you posted this. XD (It's also weird I have seen your Olaf shrine but didn't get around to seeing this... LOL wtfidk??)