Through Realms - Link

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Through Realms - Link

Post by Destinie »

Hello Amassment friends!

*dusts off self*

It feels like forever since I've plugged a new site in the forums that wasn't part of a marathon, so please be gentle with me. ;)

After some deliberation on my part today I decided to go ahead and plug my latest site:

The Legend of Zelda is probably my biggest fandom that doesn't get enough justice in my web collection and for that I am truly sad. After trying to start a fansite for the game, A Link to the Past, and failing after some time I decided just to focus solely on Link. And most importantly THIS particular iteration of Link and in turn was sharing ideas with Megan (I kind of spoiled a project that Megan A. has in the works by leaving her gorgeous banner on my welcome page!) while working on this site.

Anyway, if you have some time, I do hope you enjoy reading through some various babble I had tried to organize about my favorite Zelda game and hero! I'm looking forward to reading all your feedback!

And here's to a further productive 2016 to us all! :D/
Mikari

Re: Through Realms - Link

Post by Mikari »

I love this site! The personality page is so true and your timeline makes more sense than the official one. All the pages are very well written and the layout looks great!
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

DESTINIEEEEE, I'm so happy you decided to go ahead and plug this. (have to get WORKING ON MINE AHHH). I love that you kept my button on there even though I'm not done yet. It made me really happy to see!!

First off, the layout looks great! All the little subtle symbols, the colors, and just everything! I love how smoothly all of your pages transition too. It's very appealing, and I keep clicking everything over and over again.

I love that you included just how much of an impact this game had on the series overall, and I love all the comparison to the other games by mentioning places, items, etc. (and quickly mentioning the ones that also fall outside of the standard Zelda formula that we keep seeing, too bc those are my favorite games for that reason)

I adore your timeline section. I love reading Zelda timeline theories by both people who support the official one and those who don't because I definitely agree that it's flawed in many ways. I love your timeline theory! Link's Awakening occurring during OoT is one of my favorite old theories before it was debunked because it was just so AWESOME. Also the way you formatted this is really visually pleasing.

YOUR WORLDSSSS SECTION. I love all your theories! I really like your description of all the worlds, comparison of them, and just how you present all of your information.

You just have so many references and comparisons to other Legend of Zelda games and other Links, and I LOVE IT. These happen in other timelines, but it's also so similar that it's interesting to see speculation and such about these things.

Just ahhh, I love it. <3 <3 I can't put into words just how much I love this site and how inspiring it is to me, but JUST KNOW THAT IT'S GREAT.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY AWESOME!!!

I know I told you before when I proofread, but this setup is a wonderful way to approach your favorite incarnation of a character. (I would be lying if I said your approach has not influenced me in how I'm handling my Eighth Doctor site, because the principle is very much the same!) :D All your research and knowledge blend so well with your (well-supported) theories and feelings about the game, and just--ajskdjfkldjf so much yes. :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

ahhhhhhhh I was so nervous about posting this site! I think it is like what Megan mentioned to me: the topic is very dear to me so there is a lot of emotion and nostalgia behind this specific site. Also my expectations are so different for myself than they used to be so that doesn't help me either. But thanks so much for all the kind words and I am really happy to hear my site has been inspirational as well! Now I am very happy that I was able to finish and plug it. :)
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

Ohhhh my goodness! Yes!! I'm so happy to see this online, I remember seeing you talk about it on Twitter. <: The layout is gorgeous and really easy on the eyes...

I love how you included an in-depth explanation of the timeline, because oh boy can it ever be confusing. (I tried explaining it briefly to my roommate recently and it didn't go over well... Lots of mumbling and a lot of talking omg)

All in all you did a really good job, I can't wait to read through more of it when I have some more time to spare!! It's definitely motivated me to perhaps make my own Legend of Zelda shrine someday. Awesome work!! :star:
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

thanks, tara!! I would love to see you do a legend do Zelda shrine sometime! that would be great!
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

OH MY GOD THIS SITE IS WONDERFUL, DESTINIE. A Link To The Past is one of my fav games ever and I love that you've dedicated a site to the Link from just that specific game/timeline. I'm still reading through everything but I just had to make flailing comment about how much I'm loving it so far. The timeline page is fascinating - it's something I've paid little attention to because it seemed unnecessary to me, but that's a really interesting page and "Link's Awakening was the dream that Link had while he was asleep for 7 years in Ocarina of Time." OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS. I've never heard that theory before!

I love how you make so many links and references between the games, too. There's a lot I've not really thought about that you bring up and it's such a good read.

This is making me so nostalgic for this game. Randon A Link To The Past feelings: I ADORE the intro the game - you've got that great music and the text setting up the game, then your uncle and that OTHER great music and the rain and ugh, it's so atmospheric to me especially considering the limitations of the technology.
a spoony bard
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Emma, I so appreciate your feedback and I really am so glad you love it. I am also so so glad I was able to invoke those feelings of nostalgia for you; I had a lot of those same feelings while I was writing this site! that means a lot to me!!!
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Destinie, this is amazing! I love the layout, simple and clean, and the name of the shrine! :yay:

This was really a great read! I haven't played A Link to the Past and this gave me exactly all the information I needed, plus of course why you love Link from this timeline so much! (And bless you for making that Timeline page! My gosh, Nintendo, what are you doing, trying to fit all the games in one timeline...) I also loved the comparison between this Link and OoT/Wolf Link!

Great job! :star: