Inexhaustible Peace (improved!)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Inexhaustible Peace (improved!)

Post by Robin »

Thanks to a random surge of energy, I completed this site as one of the upgrades I had planned for November! Here's what I did:
Inexhaustible Peace
a site for Helen Burns from Charlotte Bronte's Jane Eyre
This little site was one of the first fansites I built when I got into the Amassment community, and while I felt it was already a good site, I did have a couple things I wanted to tidy up. Those "couple of things" ended up being a lot more in-depth than I thought (LOL), but the site is SO much better off because of it. Check it out and see what you think!!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Re: Inexhaustible Peace (improved!)

Post by Megan A »

It looks great, Robin! I really like the fonts and colors, and the layout looks great overall. It's been awhile since I've read Jane Eyre so I can't remember my own personal first impressions with the character,, but I really like what you've written about Helen. It also provided a nice refresher on things. Great work. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Thank you, Megan! :D
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I haven't read this shrine before, but now, after having done so, it's been nice to see your serious tone in this one, given the subject matter. The quotes are so lovely, and makes me want to see more shrines to books! (Video games and anime/manga all have plenty of beautiful lines to them, but their medium is a different one, and so do cited things differ...) The comforting musical pieces you chose to close this quiet shrine with are very fitting. :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Lethe wrote:I haven't read this shrine before, but now, after having done so, it's been nice to see your serious tone in this one, given the subject matter. The quotes are so lovely, and makes me want to see more shrines to books! (Video games and anime/manga all have plenty of beautiful lines to them, but their medium is a different one, and so do cited things differ...) The comforting musical pieces you chose to close this quiet shrine with are very fitting. :heart:
YAY thank you, Lethe! Glad you enjoyed the read, and the musical selections as well :) I originally wasn't sure whether I should include the lyrics along with the videos, but they really help the site feel more poetic and serious. (Makes me get a little misty-eyed every time I read through the site :') )

I'm hoping to create more shrines to books/book characters in the next few months/years as I have time--I haven't read nearly as much as I should in the last couple years, but that's mostly been me being lazy writing my own book series ^_^;
withinmyworld.org