Butterfly

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Saya

Re: Butterfly

Post by Saya »

Thank you dest glad you loke it. Will do the lighter thingy as soon as i have time <3
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Saya, congrats on finishing one of your oldest passions!!! It's always so inspiring for me to see people finish their long-wanted shrines!!

Everything looks amazing! I really like the design and how the pages are set up~ CONGRATS AGAIN <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Saya

Post by Saya »

thank you Megan *^* glad you like it; now I just need to do the thingy desti advised and after I think for now it will be done; till I decide to add something XD
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Yay! Congrats on finishing. Time really flies; I still remember when you first got this online. Since then, this revamp really shows a lot of growth and improvement, not that it wasn't great before, but reading it I can tell you've changed, as we all do with time.

Besides all the information you've amassed together, I also really enjoyed reading your essay page, and understanding your personal attachment to your favorite character.

Congrats again on finishing!
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Saya, congratulations on finishing this shrine!! You've been on a roll since coming back - so much productivity and revamping. <3 The butterflies in the new layout are so Yuuko, and the black/white of the layout so true to xxxholic's style haha.

What I like the most about this shrine is that I can really feel the love not just for xxxholic, but for CLAMP in here: from the way you introduce the series while gushing and :eyes: popcorning :eyes: over CLAMP, from how early into the shrine you bring up TRC, how impressively thorough you are when showing the overlapping/continued scenes between the two series (SO interesting to see from the perspective of someone who knows both), to continuously weaving in references to those other series throughout the shrine. CLAMP does reference their other series in their works, and TRC is the peak of it, but there's a good amount of it in xxxholic too, so it's neat you went around and dug that up!

My favourite pages are the ones where your dedication shows by your collection of visual details: Her Worlds, Looks, Addictions (necessities: "the cure for hangovers" omg. I didn't even notice the Mokona patterns! :heart:), Collection, and Customers. The Addictions and Collection pages in particular are so creative. ;_;

I laughed when I reached this part of your Essay page:
And there is another thing that I adore… she collects stuff, ok she collects COOL stuff, but also I collect too stuff [...]
because it's SO fitting: This shrine is a very lovely collection of things!! :heart: :heart:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Saya

Post by Saya »

Masao and Lethe thank you so much for your review, I read it before sleep yesterday and it made me cry a little because it means I managed to show my love for Yuuko strongly enough ;)

thank you again, i go now be embarrassed in my corner