Moonrise - Lunafreya (FFXV)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Larissa
Time Traveler

Moonrise - Lunafreya (FFXV)

Post by Larissa »

it's been forever since I plugged a site, how does this work again

Anyway, new site! This site wasn't one I planned on making at all; I liked Luna a lot (especially in the movie), but I had quite a few issues with how her story played out in the game. When I got approved for her fanlisting I started thinking about how I would go about making a site given that, and, well, here we are. It actually ended up being a really interesting challenge, and it was nice to make a small site, sob. :sob: It's been forever since I made a site this small that wasn't about a Pokémon.

I think I've checked everything over, but let me know if you run into any errors; I probably missed something. I'm rusty and the code on this is a mess.
tonight fate is the
Saya

Re: Moonrise - Lunafreya (FFXV)

Post by Saya »

I checked from the phone so for now cannot say much. I love the layout and how you divided the sections. Will read after with bf we finish game - we slowpokes due to rl

Anyway great job o/
-* Nothing is true ... everything is permitted.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

Oh it's great, Larissa! I love the layout, it's very unique. I really like the section on Stella (partially because I started playing the game without knowing they switched Stella for Luna and I was wondering where Stella was lmao). Also I think we share a lot of the same opinions on FFXV so that was good to read :).
seek you the sun-cryst, slumb'ring star. in tower on distant shore it dreams.
Tara
Freelance Staffer

Post by Tara »

I can't read much because I haven't bought or played the game yet (eventually!!! I will), but when I do I'll give your site a more thorough read. For now now, I will comment on the layout! I love how minimal it is--your layouts are always so pretty. The way you divided up the sections is also really nice.

I did read the introduction and it was a nice, spoiler-free step into the world of Final Fantasy XV without giving away too much. I know I've seen you on Twitter hard at work on this site so congrats for finishing!!
I used to practice smiling when i'm feeling sad, y'know.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Ooooooooo that beautiful layout--I love the wide range of blue shades, the soft blended darkness at the bottom, and the bright little touches of white and yellow. :) And I like that you've shrined a character that you have a few problems with story-wise; it gives you a lot to talk about in terms of proper story development and audience receipt of such concepts. Well done!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

@Saya: Thank you! I hope you enjoy the game, when you get through it. :heart:

@Michelle: OH MAN, I can't imagine how confusing it must have been not knowing what happened to Stella, haha! And yeah.... FFXV was something, that's for sure :') Thanks so much!

@Tara: Thank you! Let me know what you think when you get around to it. :heart: I'm glad you liked the introduction!

@Robin: Thanks :heart: This was a really interesting site to make; I've talked about stories and characters I wasn't satisfied with on previous sites, but it was a neat challenge for this one. I had a lot of fun making this site! :content:
tonight fate is the
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Larissa!!

The layout looks awesome! I love the colors and the style you went with! <3
I like the set up of all of your sites information pages... super easy to understand and with just enough information on them (so it's not super overwhelming)! I also like that you add a lot of pictures as well to help explain what you are getting at. Visuals really help me on sites, and help break up the text for me!! I didn't read too deeply because who knows, maybe I'll play the game at a later date as well! But, everything looks great!

Her character looks super interesting too! I think that the graphics are crazy!!! She looks like a real life person, or a robot person xD
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

:heart: :!: Thank you, Megan! I'm glad you found it easy to understand, and that the images helped, haha -- I wrote it all before coding it, so I wasn't sure how it would look once I had the images in, but it worked out pretty well. If you end up playing it, I'd love to know your thoughts :heart:

And yeah, Square really goes all-out with the graphics these days!
tonight fate is the
Jae

Post by Jae »

Oh, Larissa! Your shrines always stand out to me in the tone of their content. I loved reading every article, and how your honest opinions are presented in a logical argument. It sets your content apart from the more informational sources, because there's so much personality. My favorite thing was in the Kingsglaive article, where you made that humorous mention of Advent Children. :heh:

I'm envious of your eye for colors. Yellow is so hard to work around!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

I'm pretty unfamiliar with the game, so a few of the character references went over my head, but I do have to say I enjoyed reading this, even if I didn't understand all of it. I especially enjoyed your critique of the failings in the game (Ice for example), and your attention to all the details, including references to all the news on the game. I used to follow it when it was still Versus, but I've since lost interest, so it was a nice refresher on all that's happened.

I always love it when fans of a series honestly critique for its failings, because nothing is really perfect. And just because we criticize something, doesn't mean we love it any less.

Also, I really like the blockquote styling. :heh:
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.