Shrine Spotlight Winner: February 2016

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
Camy
Administrator

Shrine Spotlight Winner: February 2016

Post by Camy »

The winner for February 2016 Shrine Spotlight is Saturday Morning Sonic by PorpoiseMuffins, a shrine that isn't part of our directory but still was voted highly since we welcome any site dedicated to a subject!

Congratulations! Here's your badge to show off PorpoiseMuffins.

Thanks again to everyone who nominated and voted~!

Edit: March 4th 2016, I got a reply from SMS' creator about winning, here it is for everyone, those who voted and didn't, to read.
Hey Camille,
What a pleasant surprise! I have not been active with the site for about 4 years now, but I've kept it up for the sake of posterity, as a "shrine" of sorts, indeed :)

Thanks to you and the others at Amassment for brightening my day and bringing back some old memories.

-Mike (PorpoiseMuffins)

Blurbs
o Everyone, no matter if they nominated or voted for the site, will have 3-5 days to submit a blurb on this thread or PM (and may ask to remain anonymous). They will appear below this quote for the winners to read~.

o For writing a blurb, members will be rewarded 100 coins!

o Blurbs must be at least three sentences to count.

Tip: Unsure of what to write about in a blurb? Just congratulate the winner, and write about what you like about the site. Feel free to call out and recommend sections you enjoy.

Remember, it's completely optional!
Robin wrote:I can't say this is an unexpected win, because after reviewing the content for this fantastic site, I can see why it was nominated and voted so highly. There's a good blend of factual information and fan analysis available, plus thoughtful articles that one wouldn't necessarily expect to find on a "kids' cartoon" fansite (proving that this show isn't just for kids). The media resource page boasts a good variety of well-organized items, and the forums provide a chance for interaction between fans, something that many independent fansites don't have these days. All in all, well done and congratulations!
Jae wrote:At another glance, Saturday Morning Sonic is a treasure trove of info and media on its titular dedication. It's a site that's easy to navigate, and I found its character articles and features intelligently written with thoughtful analysis. What I especially appreciate is the layout of the information: It's not cluttered, and there's a format here that's not difficult to follow. Despite the compact design, there's actually a lot of meritorious content. All in all, I agree with Robin that this wasn't an unexpected win. Congratulations!
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Shrine Spotlight Winner: February 2016

Post by Robin »

I can't say this is an unexpected win, because after reviewing the content for this fantastic site, I can see why it was nominated and voted so highly. There's a good blend of factual information and fan analysis available, plus thoughtful articles that one wouldn't necessarily expect to find on a "kids' cartoon" fansite (proving that this show isn't just for kids). The media resource page boasts a good variety of well-organized items, and the forums provide a chance for interaction between fans, something that many independent fansites don't have these days. All in all, well done and congratulations!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

[16.02.2016 01:15:30] Todd: i nominated a site, camy!
[16.02.2016 01:15:38] Todd: no one will vote for it because it's not by an amassment member lol
[16.02.2016 01:15:42] Todd: but it's a great site!
cough cough cough

Lovely to see such a long-standing site win! :D I know nothing about Sonic, but those Features look great!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Jae

Post by Jae »

At another glance, Saturday Morning Sonic is a treasure trove of info and media on its titular dedication. It's a site that's easy to navigate, and I found its character articles and features intelligently written with thoughtful analysis. What I especially appreciate is the layout of the information: It's not cluttered, and there's a format here that's not difficult to follow. Despite the compact design, there's actually a lot of meritorious content. All in all, I agree with Robin that this wasn't an unexpected win. Congratulations!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Congratulations! Visiting this site brings back a lot of good memories about Sonic :D
Camy
Administrator

Post by Camy »

Updated first post with the owner's reply via email! :D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congrats to Mike! I love old gems like these! :D