Shrine Spotlight Winner: April 2016!

Help the community give recognition to exceptional shrines on a monthly basis
Camy
Administrator

Shrine Spotlight Winner: April 2016!

Post by Camy »

The winner for Shrine Spotlight of April 2016 is Grumble by Megan!

Congratulations Megan! :D Here's the badge for you to show off on your site~

Huge thanks to everyone who voted and nominated~

Blurbs
  • Everyone, no matter if they nominated or voted for the site, will have 3-5 days to submit a blurb on this thread or PM (and may ask to remain anonymous). They will appear below this quote for the winners to read~.
  • For writing a blurb, members will be rewarded 100 coins!
  • Blurbs must be at least three sentences to count.
Tip: Unsure of what to write about in a blurb? Just congratulate the winner, and write about what you like about the site. Feel free to call out and recommend sections you enjoy.

Remember, it's completely optional!
dubiousdisc wrote:I love how much this site is about your own experience of playing Animal Crossing and finding out about Groucho. As I read through the site, I really get the sense of getting to meet him through your retelling and your voice (which, by the way, is great - I can really hear how much you love this character!). And you've researched so much! I love how you even talked about the type of bear that Groucho could be based on.

I am also really happy with the fact that you commissioned some of the pictures that you used in the site - it solves the issue of only having the in-game renders to work with, and it resulted in more fan art of this character being made! Plus the resulting pictures are amazing on their own, and they look so good in your site. :D

All in all, this is a very unique and charming site, and a well-deserved win!
Todd wrote:I have a soft spot for this shrine because I saw it in morph from an idea, to an outline, to a layout, and to a site. I was really excited to see Megan get into shrines, and loved that she chose to make a site to an Animal Crossing villager for her first shrine!

Shrines to flat characters like Animal Crossing villagers are difficult because there isn't a lot to analyze. I had a tough time with Knuckles, so I can only imagine Megan's struggle with Groucho. She got creative, though, and came up with some really interesting things to write about! I enjoyed her personal approach and out-of-the-box thinking; I love that she analyzed what kind of bear Groucho could be since the game never stated.

This is not only a great first shrine; it's a great shrine.
Robin wrote:I have always been amazed by this site. When I first read about the subject matter, I thought, "Well, Groucho's just a minor character in Animal Crossing--how much info could you really pull out of that?" But Megan A took up the challenge, met it, and indeed exceeded it! The result of her hard work is a shrine that ties together fantasy and reality, facts and analysis, official art and fan art--a lovely collage of information. By the time you get to the end of the site, Groucho certainly doesn't seem like a minor video game character anymore! :D
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Re: Shrine Spotlight Winner: April 2016!

Post by dubiousdisc »

Congratulations, Megan! :D

Writing about an Animal Crossing character is no easy feat, and you rose to the challenge and smashed your goals with this site! :D

I love how much this site is about your own experience of playing Animal Crossing and finding out about Groucho. As I read through the site, I really get the sense of getting to meet him through your retelling and your voice (which, by the way, is great - I can really hear how much you love this character!). And you've researched so much! I love how you even talked about the type of bear that Groucho could be based on.

I am also really happy with the fact that you commissioned some of the pictures that you used in the site - it solves the issue of only having the in-game renders to work with, and it resulted in more fan art of this character being made! Plus the resulting pictures are amazing on their own, and they look so good in your site. :D

All in all, this is a very unique and charming site, and a well-deserved win!
Todd

Post by Todd »

I have a soft spot for this shrine because I saw it in morph from an idea, to an outline, to a layout, and to a site. I was really excited to see Megan get into shrines, and loved that she chose to make a site to an Animal Crossing villager for her first shrine!

Shrines to flat characters like Animal Crossing villagers are difficult because there isn't a lot to analyze. I had a tough time with Knuckles, so I can only imagine Megan's struggle with Groucho. She got creative, though, and came up with some really interesting things to write about! I enjoyed her personal approach and out-of-the-box thinking; I love that she analyzed what kind of bear Groucho could be since the game never stated.

This is not only a great first shrine; it's a great shrine.

Congratulations, Megan!
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Ahhhhh!! I'm actually speechless, and I don't know what to say! My little Groucho shrine has received so much love from you all since I've first debuted it, and it's absolutely amazing! This is the first shrine I've ever made so I'm really happy that it's loved, and it would never have been possible without this community. <3 <3

There were so many amazing shrines up for this Shrine Spotlight, and I feel so honored for my Animal Crossing shrine to be nominated alongside all of them. Thank you all so much for everything! :')
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I have always been amazed by this site. When I first read about the subject matter, I thought, "Well, Groucho's just a minor character in Animal Crossing--how much info could you really pull out of that?" But Megan A took up the challenge, met it, and indeed exceeded it! The result of her hard work is a shrine that ties together fantasy and reality, facts and analysis, official art and fan art--a lovely collage of information. By the time you get to the end of the site, Groucho certainly doesn't seem like a minor video game character anymore! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Congrats Megan! Definitely well deserved! Your Groucho shrine is amazing. <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Congratulations, Megan! <3 You already know how much I love this shrine for its personal touch throughout. <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congratulations, Megan! <3 I'm so happy for you!
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

Congratulations, Megan, it's awesome to see your first shrine taking the spotlight this time! <3
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Congratulations, Megan! This is such a lovely site. :)
a spoony bard