All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Favorite Button
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:40 pm 

Pouch: 157.50 Coins

Bank: 12,298.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
Here's a fun little activity I came up with while talking to Stefi. It's all her fault. :P

Post your favorite button that you've made yourself for any of your sites! Feel free to post a top 3 or top 5 if you're proud of a few.

Here are some of my favorites:

Image Image Image Image

I'm not the best banner maker, so when I make one that I feel looks good, it's a huge deal. I think I'm especially proud of these because my sites have long titles which makes button-making difficult, and I feel I pulled these off. As for the banner for Drift Away, I just think it's cute, and I like the overall feel of it, with my font choice and the grunginess. I feel like it really suits Drifloon. :)

Post subject: Re: Favorite Button
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:05 pm 
Administrator

Pouch: 94.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
I AM SO READY FOR THIS POST. I'm also posting buttons I've made for others (because let's be real, they're better than the ones I made for myself anyway HAHA)

Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

I actually have like 4 other buttons that I also really love, but I'm already out of control. I do like making buttons, but they take 30 mins+ for me to make each one of them sometimes.

@Todd: That font on your Wolverine button looks amazing! Never gotten grunge fonts to work on buttons myself, so kudos!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:22 am 
Events Staffer

Pouch: 123.50 Coins

Bank: 100,750.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
I don't consider myself a good button-maker either, so when I end up with something that looks decent, it always surprises me! Here are my 5 favs:

Image Image Image Image Image

I love all of these because they capture my particular aesthetic: blended colors, beautiful fonts, barely-there borders, and on occasion, simple yet elegant images. (What can I say, I like working with text and fonts more than teeny tiny images xD)

// withinmyworld.orgthe visionary sphere network
Previously known as CuriousLittleBird

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:43 am 
Freelance Staffer

Pouch: 135.00 Coins

Bank: 13,584.50 Coins

I don't think a lot of my buttons turn out very well, but these are some that I think did! (for once)

Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:29 pm 
Freelance Staffer

Pouch: 695.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
Buttons and I usually don't get along... but here are some buttons that I've made for myself and a couple for others, that I really do like!

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

And some for others that I can think of at the top of my head:

http://pkmn.zeruda.org/282/images/282_l ... gank02.png (can't direct link this so link instead)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:09 pm 
Time Traveler

Pouch: 11.00 Coins

Bank: 171,047.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
I like making buttons for other people, but I don't usually like making them for myself. Usually I just use the layout image & title font for my own buttons; I have to be more creative with buttons for other people.

I also very rarely save PSDs for buttons, which comes back to bite me when I want to remember how I did something neat on one... (or heaven forbid what font I used)

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Some really old ones for other people that I like:
Image Image Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:49 pm 

Pouch: 9.00 Coins

Bank: 13,573.00 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
So many pretty buttons in this topic. :inlove: :inlove: Always amazed when people manage to fit long shrine names into a 88x31 canvas without resorting to pixel fonts haha.

When I make buttons, I feel like it all comes down to whether or not I have an image I can work with... If there are only few options and nothing is ideal, I often don't have the skills to make up for it (using textures in small space, for example), so I end up with mediocre buttons (or ragequit).

Image Image ImageImage