Please tell me it's not just me...

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
FandomSavant

Re: Please tell me it's not just me...

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:I do this alllll the time. I end up designing at least 2 layouts for a site before I hit on a style I can live with, LOL
I'm so glad it's not just me.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

FandomSavant wrote:
Robin wrote:I do this alllll the time. I end up designing at least 2 layouts for a site before I hit on a style I can live with, LOL
I'm so glad it's not just me.
LOL not just you, definitely! This is usually how it goes:

The day I design 1st layout: "This layout is amazing" (●♡∀♡)
1 day later: ⊙.☉ "um...actually...?"
2 days later: "maybe if I fixed this...oh--oops." ///orz///
3 days later: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ "UGH FINE STARTING OVER WHATEVER"

(rinse and repeat for 2nd layout, unless the planets align/fortune smiles and I actually think of a 2nd layout I like xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Definitely not just you. XD I have that problem time from time... and it really sucks when you're working in the office and you're dealing with strict deadlines. 8D;;;;;; amagad

I guess I've learned to just go with what I have. Lethe's advice on just leaving it for a night once you get frustrated is the best advice. :D Sometimes you reaaaally need to just get away from it and come back to it with a fresh mind. That's saved my ass a few times. XD
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

This happens to me a lot with my sites because once I learn new tricks or ways to organize my codes, I start getting really critical of layouts that were made before I started doing that specific thing. I have some sites that have only been open for a year that have had 3 different layouts.

When I first got back into fanlistings, I didn't really know how to use Gimp so I struggled a lot with making layouts and buttons so a lot of my older ones (they're only about 1.5 years old) have had multiple layout changes as I developed more skill, and I STILL want to revamp a handful of them again because now I finally feel comfortable with my design abilities and Gimp.

Sometimes, I make multiple layouts before I open a site as well. I agree with Lethe as well. Sometimes it's better to just stop looking at something to see what you can do the next day.
Laura

Post by Laura »

It's not like we can't change the layout for our sites later either! :D
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

wolfrun wrote:It's not like we can't change the layout for our sites later either! :D
You know? That's a good point. Most websites are ever-changing anyway, content wise, so why not put a "good enough for now" layout up? One can always improve. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant