I'm addicted to Google Fonts!

Everything related to the visual and coding aspects of websites.
Delphine

Re: I'm addicted to Google Fonts!

Post by Delphine »

I didn't know that existed O: I've always been doing my font-faces with the help of FontSquirrel haha, might as well try Google Fonts next time ! At least, you don't need to upload the fonts... #lazy
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I've always uploaded my own fonts and used FontSquirrel, but I was actually thinking of starting to use Google Fonts, because they're just that much easier to use! (And no uploading fonts on my server, yay!) :D
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Since learning how to use Google Fonts I'm in love with it. I use it on nearly every single new site now.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I am a very recent convert to Google Fonts--I was thinking it was super complex to try to implement, and then I got tired of using a bunch of "web safe default" fonts and went on a mad font hunt. A few minutes later, I had pretty much all new fonts for my in-progress shrine! WHY DID I DENY MYSELF THIS AMAZINGNESS~~~
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Robin wrote:I am a very recent convert to Google Fonts--I was thinking it was super complex to try to implement, and then I got tired of using a bunch of "web safe default" fonts and went on a mad font hunt. A few minutes later, I had pretty much all new fonts for my in-progress shrine! WHY DID I DENY MYSELF THIS AMAZINGNESS~~~
Looking good! :D Haha I remember Crystal was thinking pretty much the same (and I think I did too lol). It's intimidating to try out something new when you don't know whether it'll be a hassle to implement.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Lethe wrote:
Robin wrote:I am a very recent convert to Google Fonts--I was thinking it was super complex to try to implement, and then I got tired of using a bunch of "web safe default" fonts and went on a mad font hunt. A few minutes later, I had pretty much all new fonts for my in-progress shrine! WHY DID I DENY MYSELF THIS AMAZINGNESS~~~
Looking good! :D Haha I remember Crystal was thinking pretty much the same (and I think I did too lol). It's intimidating to try out something new when you don't know whether it'll be a hassle to implement.
YEP! I was thinking it would take a bunch of finagling like all the jQuery snippets do...so I was very pleasantly surprised!! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Google fonts is so nice because you can just plug in the code and go. I was using my own fonts for a while and having to embed them, which isn't a huge deal, but if you don't get the url path right or reference it correctly in the CSS it doesn't work. So it's nice having a source that does all the tough work for you. Now I don't have to stick with Arial or Georgia as my default fonts! :P