All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".

Post subject: Re: Illuminate
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:12 pm 
Events Staffer

Pouch: 125.00 Coins

Bank: 100,750.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
I hope so! That's one of my aims with the depression info site--to humanize it and make it less a meaningless buzzword. So many folks think depression is "just sadness" and it is sooooo much different. >_<

// withinmyworld.orgthe visionary sphere network
Previously known as CuriousLittleBird

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:17 am 
Administrator

Pouch: 1,514.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
Yes, definitely! Or so many people who think you can "just get over it". And people don't realize that depression can take many forms and not all depression is "sad". I think your site really does help humanize it in that way and I think it's really a great idea to make something like this. :3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:56 pm 
Events Staffer

YAY I finally added the Depression and PMDD section!

(hooray I finally got off my butt and did something besides binge watch Pokemon on Netflix)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:15 am 

Pouch: 9.00 Coins

Bank: 13,573.00 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
I may have said it before, but I like that particular page a lot because it gives you a condensed overview of things related to depression, that add or enhance depression or that may lead to or be a result of depression. I like the nuanced arguments in the second paragraph of the newly added part! \o/

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:31 pm 
Events Staffer

@Lethe: thank you!! I'm glad the page gives that overview--in my research, I kept finding that depression was related to or causing a ton of other ailments, so that's what inspired that section. (The PMDD section seems a little less unbiased than the others, but the research itself is a bit touchy, LOL)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:23 am 
Administrator

I know I keep saying it but I love it! xD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:22 pm 
Events Staffer

YAY ^O^ thank you for suggesting this section--it adds a lot of good info!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:42 am 
Events Staffer

After a year and some change (both figuratively and literally), I have gone back to tackle this site! Since I have been recently diagnosed with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, whose symptoms include depression, I have added important details about how PTSD connects to depression to round out this site and make it more informative and helpful. (I also added Google Fonts, a new button, and updated code to my current standards.) Let me know what you think!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:35 am 
Administrator

This site is always helpful, Robin. I'm always so glad you took the time to write it and share your experiences with us ♥