Night All Around: the Nightbringer Pre-shrine

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

Night All Around: the Nightbringer Pre-shrine

Post by Todd »

I just finished up a new initiative at Nightbringer, a blog I call Night All Around. Its focus is on pre-shrining: analyzing, exploring, and ranting about any and all subjects I love.

I've encountered many obstacles when it comes to shrining: the amount of time it takes me to make one shrine, fickleness, lack of depth of a character, fear that no one would visit a shrine I make because the subject isn't very popular, and more. There are a million reasons in the world to not make a shrine, and I created this to combat those.

My goal is to let shrines develop on their own naturally. I plan to write about everything I'm into and am inspired to write about, whether I plan to make a shrine to a subject or not. This is not a fandom blog, but a shrining tool. All of the articles I feature here will be like any of the articles you'd find on any of my existing shrines today. If and when I feel I have covered a subject sufficiently, I'll come up with a name, make a layout, and repackage my articles as a shrine. So this isn't replacing shrining for me by any means, but rather taking the pressure of shrining off of the table for me so that I can be more productive and have more fun with this hobby.

I haven't worked Night All Around into Nightbringer yet (it's not listed on the network yet), but I just finished it and am happy to show you guys early. So far I've written about Drifloon and Aladdin. I hope you enjoy it!

Night All Around
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Night All Around: the Nightbringer Pre-shrine

Post by Robin »

awesome! This is a great idea, Todd, and I like the articles you've already put up :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I really like this idea a lot, Todd! I've always thought about how when I am making a site I have some articles that are more interesting than others to write. Sometimes those extraneous articles are tough to slug through. But if you have the inspiration and the ideas to write them down you can then compile them later. I think that's such a smart idea!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I love it so much I want to do the same thing.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Todd

Post by Todd »

Thanks so much for the support, everyone!

@Nyx - You can absolutely do the same thing! I'd be flattered, and would love to see more shrine articles and eventual shrines!
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Ooooh, yeah, that's brilliant! And really interesting. And so I get to read some stuff you wrote before it's officially out and that's the best part for me :D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Already told you how neat this project is, Todd! I'll read your newer entries once I have time - I think it's also easy for visitors because it's "little bits" to digest as they go up hehe. Hope others feel inspired by this format and follow suit, especially if they don't have time or energy to dedicate themselves to a big shrining project! <3

SHRINE PREVIEWSSSSSSSSSS. /pops todd's drifloon
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.