Living Words

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Re: Living Words

Post by Destinie »

This is so nice, Robin! I think it's nice to highlight your favorite passages. It inspires me to do something similar. I think there are certain passages that are really important to me on a daily basis that I work hard to try and abide by. IE: Love one another, don't judge lest ye be judged, etc etc. I think it's a nice idea to compile this page because you can reference it easily, show people a little bit about yourself and your beliefs, and also have a nice place for your bookmarks. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Destinie wrote:This is so nice, Robin! I think it's nice to highlight your favorite passages. It inspires me to do something similar. I think there are certain passages that are really important to me on a daily basis that I work hard to try and abide by. IE: Love one another, don't judge lest ye be judged, etc etc. I think it's a nice idea to compile this page because you can reference it easily, show people a little bit about yourself and your beliefs, and also have a nice place for your bookmarks. :)
Thank you! I struggled with making this kind of site initially because everything I put online about my faith felt like really weird bragging, or way too interpretive, etc.. It was strangeeee. Finally I just thought, "Well, how about just Bible verses, to let the words (or the Word) speak for itself?" I did include a little bit about what each verse means to me but I kept it suuuuper simple and I ended up with a much better result. Like you said, it serves as a bookmark list of fav verses as well as a snapshot of my beliefs!

Also, I would love to see your fav verses on a site like this! :D :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

All this conversation is making me want to do this too ^^ Though I lost most of my highlights when I got my new phone, I've been building them up again.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

I feel that new phone trouble, Mikari :/ but yeah, totally compile your fav verses on a site when you get a chance! Would be cool to compare notes (literally)! :)
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Robin wrote:
Destinie wrote:This is so nice, Robin! I think it's nice to highlight your favorite passages. It inspires me to do something similar. I think there are certain passages that are really important to me on a daily basis that I work hard to try and abide by. IE: Love one another, don't judge lest ye be judged, etc etc. I think it's a nice idea to compile this page because you can reference it easily, show people a little bit about yourself and your beliefs, and also have a nice place for your bookmarks. :)
Thank you! I struggled with making this kind of site initially because everything I put online about my faith felt like really weird bragging, or way too interpretive, etc.. It was strangeeee. Finally I just thought, "Well, how about just Bible verses, to let the words (or the Word) speak for itself?" I did include a little bit about what each verse means to me but I kept it suuuuper simple and I ended up with a much better result. Like you said, it serves as a bookmark list of fav verses as well as a snapshot of my beliefs!

I know what you mean. My faith is pretty personal to me so I don't talk about it a whole lot, but it's also a part of who I am so I wanted to put it on my "about me" section. But I really struggled with how to word it. I am always afraid it will come across sounding "holier-than-thou" or really cheezy. (I just picture people rolling their eyes when they see it.) I also didn't want to write it in a way that would turn people off from wanting to talk to me. Maybe I spent way too long over-thinking it?!

Aww! Maybe sometime I can put something similar together! All my favorite passages are about just trying to treat people nicely and the power of positive thinking!! XD
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Destinie wrote:
Robin wrote:

I know what you mean. My faith is pretty personal to me so I don't talk about it a whole lot, but it's also a part of who I am so I wanted to put it on my "about me" section. But I really struggled with how to word it. I am always afraid it will come across sounding "holier-than-thou" or really cheezy. (I just picture people rolling their eyes when they see it.) I also didn't want to write it in a way that would turn people off from wanting to talk to me. Maybe I spent way too long over-thinking it?!

Aww! Maybe sometime I can put something similar together! All my favorite passages are about just trying to treat people nicely and the power of positive thinking!! XD
YESSSSS I had all these feelings too! LOL I overthought and worried sooooo much xD

I like those kinds of verses too--I like to study more about faith in action rather than just "knowing the Lord," because the latter is often wayyyyy too vague.
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I've also seen a variety of interpretation online and off and have wondered how to touch the subject of faith, though it's such a big part of my life. One of things that I think would confuse people is that I'm simply Christian and don't follow a particular branch. I do love writing lyrics though. <3
Robin wrote:I feel that new phone trouble, Mikari :/ but yeah, totally compile your fav verses on a site when you get a chance! Would be cool to compare notes (literally)! :)
Oh yes! I would definitely enjoy that. Then we can see each other's favs and learn from ours perspectives. My fav verses are some that are closely related to my life so getting people's interpretations of them is often insightful.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Mikari: Omg you write Christian songs??? :D :D :D I have tried my hand at it and have performed some of mine in church--haven't done any in a while, though. :D

YAY INTERPRETATION CLUB <3
withinmyworld.org