Narratives

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Narratives

Post by Robin »

Narratives
a collection of character information

With more (and better) content, cleaner navigation, a new name, and a fresh design (with lots of suggestions and debugging help from Dubs, Destinie, Lethe, and Nyx), this site can just about be classified as a "new site" instead of one I've had lying around the network since 2009!

Along with more explanatory content about City of Heroes, there are 15 original character profiles, each of which include an origin story, vital stats sidebar, costume screenshots, theme songs, and behind-the-scenes character development notes. Plus, the home page is much more inviting now, with article snippets, "featured" and "new" character links, etc. And YAY for a more "dynamic" sidebar setup! :heart: :inlove:

Check it out and let me know what you think!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Re: Narratives

Post by Mikari »

The new site looks amazing! I like how you reorganized everything :)
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

This looks great! The layout is clean and the text is easy to read. I am kind of sad I didn't have the opportunity to play this game because it sounds really fun!

Your writing is wonderful, as usual. :)
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Mikari wrote:The new site looks amazing! I like how you reorganized everything :)
Thank you!! :D :D :D
Destinie wrote:This looks great! The layout is clean and the text is easy to read. I am kind of sad I didn't have the opportunity to play this game because it sounds really fun!

Your writing is wonderful, as usual. :)
Awesome! Glad to hear everything looks good so far :D And yes, I am pretty passionate about this game because it had so much going for it and it got cut off purely because of corporate greed and BS :/ I'm so glad I compiled as much info about my characters as I built them, because otherwise I might not remember as much :'|

Glad you enjoy the writing, too! I know some of my origin stories aren't quite as polished as others, but they were all super fun to write :D :D
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

This site is pretty awesome! I don't know why but it makes me want to work on my MMO site.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Crystal wrote:This site is pretty awesome! I don't know why but it makes me want to work on my MMO site.
YAY! Thank you! Also yes yes work on your MMO site ^o^!
withinmyworld.org
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Yes I should! One day I hope. I have a layout. I just need content.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I love this type of site, and I hope that both Crystal and I will get around to making our own in the future ehehehe. Good job at revamping the site - it gives off an entirely different feel now!

Your dedication to both this site as well as the game (wow, trying to experience each archetype!) are lovely, even as I'm not familiar with the game myself. (I do think these sites are much more so for yourself than for visitors haha, but that's what's great about them - they're the equivalent of a digital photo album.)

I'll browse your characters and their stories more later when I have a quiet moment. <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Ahhhhh, I remember the days of City of Heroes fondly! I wasn't as into it as you but my best friend was suuuuuuper into the game and loved it just as much. So reading through some of your character profiles definitely brought back memories.

I'm glad you were able to figure out a solution to how you wanted to organize the character information! I really like how it all looks! <3

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to consider adding links to make it easier to navigate the longer pages. Like a "Top" link at the bottom of the page, and maybe a link so that the user can skip down to the Concept section. :D It'd make navigation a little faster but it's only a suggestion; the pages are easy enough to read through without it. <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Lethe wrote:I love this type of site, and I hope that both Crystal and I will get around to making our own in the future ehehehe. Good job at revamping the site - it gives off an entirely different feel now!

Your dedication to both this site as well as the game (wow, trying to experience each archetype!) are lovely, even as I'm not familiar with the game myself. (I do think these sites are much more so for yourself than for visitors haha, but that's what's great about them - they're the equivalent of a digital photo album.)

I'll browse your characters and their stories more later when I have a quiet moment. <3
Thank you!! OOOOO MORE MMO SITES YAAAAAS :D

I'm super happy that I chose to revamp this...just shows how important layout and visual presentation is to a site actually being visited and enjoyed! (LOL I did enjoy trying out as many archetypes as possible--I could literally bring any needed element to a team, whether that was healing, close combat, ranged, team support, whatevs. That was a neat feeling)

I am aware that this site won't get a TON of traffic because it is more like a memory book, but perhaps that is best. I've got a separate big CoH site anyway, so the two sites working in concert provide people with an informational AND personal look at the game. :D
wolfrun wrote:Ahhhhh, I remember the days of City of Heroes fondly! I wasn't as into it as you but my best friend was suuuuuuper into the game and loved it just as much. So reading through some of your character profiles definitely brought back memories.

I'm glad you were able to figure out a solution to how you wanted to organize the character information! I really like how it all looks! <3

If I could make one suggestion, it would be to consider adding links to make it easier to navigate the longer pages. Like a "Top" link at the bottom of the page, and maybe a link so that the user can skip down to the Concept section. :D It'd make navigation a little faster but it's only a suggestion; the pages are easy enough to read through without it. <3
COOL, thankies!! :D And great ideas about the links--I'm gonna see what I can tinker with. It'll probably involve a lot of copypasta and anchor links, knowing me, LOL
withinmyworld.org