nymphae.net

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Elysa

nymphae.net

Post by Elysa »

Hi guys! I haven't been on the forums for a while and the first thing I do is shameless plugging. :bleh: (I will try to leave a message here and there afterwards!)

The previous layout was meant to be a sort of temporary thing as I hadn't touched my domain in aaaaaages (about 6+ years, to be exact) so I just wanted to get something new up, even if it was really simple. The past few days I've been working on getting an actual design up and working, and this is the result! I haven't really designed/coded anything for quite a while, but (for now) I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I rewrote all the content because it was all really old, and I got to try out some new things, such as Google Fonts, and reuse some old things I hadn't in a while, mostly CSS things.

Also don't get fooled by the image, as it has nothing to do with the actual layout. XD;
Lethe

Re: nymphae.net

Post by Lethe »

I'M SO GLAD YOU'VE MADE SOMETHING AGAIN AND THAT THIS IS UP!! AAAHH!!

I love the colours so much!! ALL of them!! (Now I want to work with pink too. D:) THE BG PATTERN IS SO PRETTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WTF IS ALL THIS GLOWING TEXT OMG MAGIC!!! And all the fireflies. O_O

(me: "just use text-shadow"
also me: "how did you do that??")

Midorikawa Yuki works. <333333 The Akizuki button and the favicon goosh!!

The shrine boxes and oval shapes are so cute! I didn't even know you could do oval shapes. o.o

PROJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO GET TO WORK!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD Redesigning the domain is the first step to realizing your dreams!!! :DDDDDD
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Aku

Post by Aku »

OMG ELYSA THIS IS SO PRETTY I'M SO HAPPY1!1!!1 YESS!!!11

Overexcitement aside, something about this layout is really nostalgic to me! I think it's the glowing text (feels like a throwback to stuff I'd seen on shrines long ago, but it's handled so elegantly!) and the dreaminess of it all just makes it seem really ethereal to me. I love it so much!!! (To respond to your design section I definitely think you succeeded!) And I really appreciate your boldness to use these colors because I'm always so afraid of purple. /o\ The network page boxes are so gorgeous I can't even handle them. ;-;
Lethe wrote:PROJECTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TIME TO GET TO WORK!!!!!! :DDDDDDDD Redesigning the domain is the first step to realizing your dreams!!! :DDDDDD
omg... Lethe LMAO SHE'S NOT WRONG THO! Now that your "home" is all clean and shiny it's time to fill it with the good stuff. :inlove: I'm looking forward to your upcomings!!!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Congrats on this beautiful new design! Gorgeous use of that dark purple BG, and I love the fonts you selected as well (especially the page title font <3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3).
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I really love what you've done with your domain. First of all, the layout is beautiful and super dreamy. I am screaming at the glowing cursive section headers. The whole design works so beautifully together, and you definitely achieved the firefly effect you were aiming for. I love the purple colors you're using so much too. It definitely fits the image, and you pull everything together really nicely. Also, I love that you used the color of the fireflies for the links in the content. Ahhh, just love this design overall. <3

Reading everything was so great! I really like how you came up with the name of your domain and the network. Such awesome history! :D

I love the network page so much. The pretty project boxes with the descriptions and the oval portraits. :'( So wonderful! I LOOOOOVE THIS BTW
I used to be adamant about keeping possible shrine subjects a secret –or at least being cryptic about them– but considering how excited I get about seeing other people's plans, I figure the same could very well be said about mine.
SO CUTE and also so true. I'm always screaming about people's projects. Glad to see some of yours! I hope you get a chance to work on them soon!

also dont forget to add killua to your projects
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Thew new design is beautiful and the colors look great together!
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

omg the new layout looks great!! :inlove:

I really love the colors and all the glow effects.

(also yay for homestead drag 'n' drop past)
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

This looks really awesome! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

FIRST OF ALL: LOVE THE LAYOUT!! I am so happy we have mutually bonded over our love for that small series, and we also have Natsume characters as well. THIS MAKES ME HAPPY. Reading about your current layout, I definitely see where you were going with the idea of fireflies, and I love it! The purples and blues are very nice to look at!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Super gorgeous and glowy, Elysa! I just love how purple-y it is, too.

Not to pressure you or anything, but I'd love to see that Sawako and Kazehaya site someday! :heart:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.