The Erosion Network

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Masao
Host

Re: The Erosion Network

Post by Masao »

Larissa wrote:I can see it all now! :yay: It works fine on my phone, although weirdly on my iPad all the pages are super small, haha. But I can zoom in so it works fine. (My computer's not working right now, so mobile's all I have.)
Yay I'm glad. Yeah I tried a bunch of different ways to get it to scroll, but it just won't, so I opted to make it load at 30% of the original size so at least it doesn't get cut off. I hope your computer gets fixed soon. :cry:
Robin wrote:AB. SO. LUTE. LY.
WONDERFUL
!!!

The different layouts for different sections, the incorporation of artwork, the "flow" of information from first page to last... <3 fantastic job, Masao!! :D
Thank you :DDD

I'm glad the content flows well, I was worried it might be a bit strange with all the different layouts.
Aku wrote:OMG THE OFFICIAL END TO YOUR HIATUS... I'M SO GROSSLY EXCITED. :ack2:

This layout is sooooo clean and so so gorgeous! Your colors and typography are super on point! I mean... your designs have always been super sleek and clean, but this is like, Masao elevated to the next level. Your prowess with page composition and your finesse on the details are really, really better than ever here. I can tell a lot of thought and love went into this, because I can feel it just scrolling through the pages.

I admittedly screamed when I clicked around and ALL THE PAGES WERE DIFFERENT!! You've set up a great set of design rules so that it's not jarring or confusing, but actually just wonderfully surprising and elegant. I dunno, something about all of this is just so quintessentially you: from the colors, to the subject, to the typefaces you've chosen. I could've stumbled upon this domain without knowing whose it was and would've automatically known it was yours haha.

OK I'M JUST GUSHING AT THIS POINT, but I'm so excited to see you've got a big list of upcomings that I know will be equally beautiful. I think one of the things I like about people coming back after awhile of not touching things is to see how they've grown... like I said, you've always had an eye and hand for design but this is super super awesome! I feel like your style has matured a lot over the time that I've known you. :heart: So excited to see what's next! I'M HOLDING YOU TO THAT "END OF MY HIATUS" THING!!
:sob: :blush: :sob: :blush: :sob: :blush: :sob:
omg your way with words. I'm so glad you like it and it means so much to hear that from you. It's always great to see how people develop their styles through the years, and I'm glad I've improved and cleaned up my style (*side-eyes my old stuff*).

And I'll try my best to work on my upcoming sites. xD it's great to be back
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Oh wow, this is just lovely, Masao! I'm really digging how each section has its own layout, and the hover on the index page's navigation is awesome. (And I have to add that I love it when people do things to celebrate characters' birthdays. :D) Fantastic work all around!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I really like what you did with the cut of the navigation on the index page! How did you even have that idea, that's brilliant!

Like Larissa, I'm such a sucker for all the pages being different yet matching the site and I'm just here gushing.

So beautiful, and congrats on the revamp!
Shinju

Post by Shinju »

/droooooolsssss

Congrats on finally ending your hiatus!!! :heart: So very happy for you! :heart: :star: I was not expecting different layouts for every page but it was a very very pleasant surprise - a number of surprises! ;OO; :heart: I finally found the answer to my question re: different color schemes! :!: For the life of me, I just couldn't figure it out, haha. :swt2:

I love that every page has a different feel to them. :inlove: I love all the color schemes and fonts. ;u; :heart: They're all gorgeous but my favorites are the index and (especially) projects page. ;A; :heart:

Also your favicon!!! It's soooo adorable. *squishes*
There's no stopping the heart once it falls.
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

Congratulations, Masao!! I've been dying to comment on this for days! (I was so busy slaving away over the revamp aha ;_;) Everything is seriously so beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that there were separate layouts for each section! Even if you asked me to pick which one is my favorite, I couldn't because they're all just that good.

I know you've been working super hard on this for some time now, and I'm very proud of you for doing such an amazing job :heart: Your layouts have always, always been top-notch, but you've definitely made an incredible amount of growth over the years! I am constantly in awe over your talent in design and coding.

ALSO: High five for the Years & Years lyrics. Such a great band :heart:
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Sarah wrote:Oh wow, this is just lovely, Masao! I'm really digging how each section has its own layout, and the hover on the index page's navigation is awesome. (And I have to add that I love it when people do things to celebrate characters' birthdays. :D) Fantastic work all around!
Thank you! hahaha I'm crazy about character birthdays. I wished more characters had official birthdays.
dubiousdisc wrote:I really like what you did with the cut of the navigation on the index page! How did you even have that idea, that's brilliant!

Like Larissa, I'm such a sucker for all the pages being different yet matching the site and I'm just here gushing.

So beautiful, and congrats on the revamp!
Thanks! Haha you make me sound more creative than I really am. It just worked out that way. I was a bit afraid all the different layouts might make page transitions a little jarring, so I'm really it worked out. :heart:
Shinju wrote:/droooooolsssss

Congrats on finally ending your hiatus!!! :heart: So very happy for you! :heart: :star: I was not expecting different layouts for every page but it was a very very pleasant surprise - a number of surprises! ;OO; :heart: I finally found the answer to my question re: different color schemes! :!: For the life of me, I just couldn't figure it out, haha. :swt2:

I love that every page has a different feel to them. :inlove: I love all the color schemes and fonts. ;u; :heart: They're all gorgeous but my favorites are the index and (especially) projects page. ;A; :heart:

Also your favicon!!! It's soooo adorable. *squishes*
hehhehe yeah I purposely kept that hush hush when I told you about this new layout. Thanks for cheering me on. The index and network are my favs too haha, probably because I didn't color the panels myself, though the coloring on domain and exit had a specific color theme in the end... and I'll learn to like my own manga lazy coloring. THANKS!
Stefi wrote:Congratulations, Masao!! I've been dying to comment on this for days! (I was so busy slaving away over the revamp aha ;_;) Everything is seriously so beautiful. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that there were separate layouts for each section! Even if you asked me to pick which one is my favorite, I couldn't because they're all just that good.

I know you've been working super hard on this for some time now, and I'm very proud of you for doing such an amazing job :heart: Your layouts have always, always been top-notch, but you've definitely made an incredible amount of growth over the years! I am constantly in awe over your talent in design and coding.

ALSO: High five for the Years & Years lyrics. Such a great band :heart:
Thank you!! That's so kind of you to say :sob: I'm really happy my progress through the years showed.

ALSO yes, lol Years & Years :heart: :music:
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Oh my gosh, I thought I had commented on this! Masao, I absolutely love this layout!! And all the others of the different sections! They're just so gorgeous!! :heart: Great job!
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Chibi wrote:Oh my gosh, I thought I had commented on this! Masao, I absolutely love this layout!! And all the others of the different sections! They're just so gorgeous!! :heart: Great job!
Thank you so much! :yay:
Medli wrote:Wow! Your site looks amazing!! Love the design. It is complex but simple at the same time. Glad to know you are officially off your hiatus!!
Thanks! Me too, lol I'm glad to be back.