The Erosion Network

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Masao
Host

The Erosion Network

Post by Masao »

I guess this is the official end to my hiatus? I can't believe I had my last layout up for almost 5 years... :pale2:
I made this over a week ago, but sat on it for this special date (Oct 29, Athrun's bday), because I'm a dork like that. I ended up pretty happy with the end results, and I've tested it on the major browsers (tho it looks best in Chrome because of the font rendering). If there's any issue, please let me know!

I think the network/projects page is my favorite, though with the way I set it up, I'll have to rearrange it when I add a new site online.

More detail on the update here.
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: The Erosion Network

Post by Larissa »

OH WOW. I absolutely love this revamp! The art you used is gorgeous, and I love how each page is different; they each have something special about them. I really love the use of negative and positive space in these designs; the visual flow is really lovely. I also love the sharp contrasts from light to dark backgrounds and back again, and the way the bright colors pop on the artwork.

Basically this layout is 100% my aesthetic, haha. Seriously, this is gorgeous and I love it. :heart: :star: :heart:

Unfortunately I can't... actually see all of the pages, haha! The network and links pages are cut off on the left side on my iPad in both Chrome and Safari. (It does the same thing on my phone, actually.) I can send you screenshots if you want them.

Anyway, good to see you back and I'm looking forward to new sites from you :star: (Especially any ASOIAF ones!)
tonight fate is the
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

hmm yeah, unfortunately this layout is not very mobile friendly x_x I have the same problem on my phone, and due to the specific width nature of things (especially the network page), there's no easy fix, but I can work on a separate mobile version if a lot of people view it on mobile/tablet.

But thank you for all the kind words! That means so much to me :heh:

EDIT: made a temporary fix so that it doesn't get cut off, but I only tested it on my phone.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Masao I love this! I was plesantly surprised to see a different layout for each page. All of them are amazing! I think the links page is my favorite. :D

Also I think I noticed a typo? It's really tiny so it's probably easy to miss. In the first paragraph under "About the Layout" I see mange. I assume that should be manga? :O

Also looking through your past layouts and I can't remember any of them except the last two. I am sad. :( It's neat to see though how our styles change since we started. :D

Totally offtopic I'm sorry!
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

OMG I peeked at this on mobile while I was gone, BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD AND GRAND AND GORGEOUS ON DESKTOP AAAAAAAAH SO PRETTY. I'm so glad you went with these images because OMGGG. O_O ART AND COLOURS. O_O Your colour game is spot-on as always, and I'm particularly charmed by the heading font (I usually avoid uneven fonts, so I'm always impressed when people make those work haha).

AAAAAH EVERYTHING THAT LARISSA SAID BASICALLY LOL. It's so exciting when all the sections look different... LIKE YOU'RE OPENING DIFFERENT CHOCOLATE BOXES. Kaworu and Rei look so gorgeous on the network page ehehehe. *_* (And the hover effect. *_*) THE LINKS PAGE IS SO GORGEOUS.

I'm so amused at those at Amassment who wait for special dates to get stuff unveiled for sites hehe, it's so cute, and I can imagine how it must be extra motivating. <3

... I see you've made a layout for your update log too. <O><O> /grabbyhands
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

AHHHHHHHHHH Masao the revamp is gorgeous. I love the layout on the index BUT I didn't expect there to be so many GORGEOUS LAYOUTS! They all look amazing. I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE about/domain section layout. The coloring on it is so nice. Also, I can't stop hovering over the navigation on the index. I really like the strong contrast in the background colors on each page, and especially how you did it on the links page! I love the coral and turquoise color schemes that you do, SO much.

I really enjoyed reading everything, and also seeing all your old network layouts. *_* Projects page looks so good. CANT WAIT FOR THE EGG

dont mind me just rollin around in the gorgeous network revamp :music: :music:
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

Crystal wrote:Masao I love this! I was plesantly surprised to see a different layout for each page. All of them are amazing! I think the links page is my favorite. :D

Also I think I noticed a typo? It's really tiny so it's probably easy to miss. In the first paragraph under "About the Layout" I see mange. I assume that should be manga? :O

Also looking through your past layouts and I can't remember any of them except the last two. I am sad. :( It's neat to see though how our styles change since we started. :D

Totally offtopic I'm sorry!
Thank you so much! Especially catching that typo for me. :blush: life saver

aww yeah, but it's understandable since my last 2 layouts were up the longest. Before that I used to switch every so few month. And I totally agree, I love seeing layout style progress through the years.
Lethe wrote:OMG I peeked at this on mobile while I was gone, BUT IT LOOKS SO GOOD AND GRAND AND GORGEOUS ON DESKTOP AAAAAAAAH SO PRETTY. I'm so glad you went with these images because OMGGG. O_O ART AND COLOURS. O_O Your colour game is spot-on as always, and I'm particularly charmed by the heading font (I usually avoid uneven fonts, so I'm always impressed when people make those work haha).

AAAAAH EVERYTHING THAT LARISSA SAID BASICALLY LOL. It's so exciting when all the sections look different... LIKE YOU'RE OPENING DIFFERENT CHOCOLATE BOXES. Kaworu and Rei look so gorgeous on the network page ehehehe. *_* (And the hover effect. *_*) THE LINKS PAGE IS SO GORGEOUS.

I'm so amused at those at Amassment who wait for special dates to get stuff unveiled for sites hehe, it's so cute, and I can imagine how it must be extra motivating. <3

... I see you've made a layout for your update log too. <O><O> /grabbyhands
hehe :D I love that header font.

Thanks you! The network page is my fav.

I like special dates too much hahahaha. Though sometimes that kind of build up and hype can be a bit nerve-wracking if expectations fall short lol.

The update logs layout I made in 2013 (and never uploaded), but with tiny fonts lol, so I fixed it up and just reused it.
Megan A wrote:AHHHHHHHHHH Masao the revamp is gorgeous. I love the layout on the index BUT I didn't expect there to be so many GORGEOUS LAYOUTS! They all look amazing. I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE about/domain section layout. The coloring on it is so nice. Also, I can't stop hovering over the navigation on the index. I really like the strong contrast in the background colors on each page, and especially how you did it on the links page! I love the coral and turquoise color schemes that you do, SO much.

I really enjoyed reading everything, and also seeing all your old network layouts. *_* Projects page looks so good. CANT WAIT FOR THE EGG

dont mind me just rollin around in the gorgeous network revamp :music: :music:
:DDD yeah that was my surprise, I didn't want to give you a hint and ruin the surprise.

I really liked how the colors came out, so I'm glad you like it, too. :heart: And the Egg is my first priority!

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS :yay:
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

I can see it all now! :yay: It works fine on my phone, although weirdly on my iPad all the pages are super small, haha. But I can zoom in so it works fine. (My computer's not working right now, so mobile's all I have.)
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

AB. SO. LUTE. LY.
WONDERFUL
!!!

The different layouts for different sections, the incorporation of artwork, the "flow" of information from first page to last... <3 fantastic job, Masao!! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aku

Post by Aku »

OMG THE OFFICIAL END TO YOUR HIATUS... I'M SO GROSSLY EXCITED. :ack2:

This layout is sooooo clean and so so gorgeous! Your colors and typography are super on point! I mean... your designs have always been super sleek and clean, but this is like, Masao elevated to the next level. Your prowess with page composition and your finesse on the details are really, really better than ever here. I can tell a lot of thought and love went into this, because I can feel it just scrolling through the pages.

I admittedly screamed when I clicked around and ALL THE PAGES WERE DIFFERENT!! You've set up a great set of design rules so that it's not jarring or confusing, but actually just wonderfully surprising and elegant. I dunno, something about all of this is just so quintessentially you: from the colors, to the subject, to the typefaces you've chosen. I could've stumbled upon this domain without knowing whose it was and would've automatically known it was yours haha.

OK I'M JUST GUSHING AT THIS POINT, but I'm so excited to see you've got a big list of upcomings that I know will be equally beautiful. I think one of the things I like about people coming back after awhile of not touching things is to see how they've grown... like I said, you've always had an eye and hand for design but this is super super awesome! I feel like your style has matured a lot over the time that I've known you. :heart: So excited to see what's next! I'M HOLDING YOU TO THAT "END OF MY HIATUS" THING!!