redcrown.net [Updates]

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: redcrown.net

Post by Larissa »

Holy toledo I did not realize I haven't updated this topic in forever.

SUPER LATE, but thank you, Megan! :heart: I really appreciate the kind words. I've now had this layout up so long that Fallout 4 has come out and I've played way too much of it, haha.

Anyway, an update!

I've been working on minor, behind the scenes updates for the past few weeks. I changed some of the backend code for my fanlistings in early March, and part of that change meant that I had to go through and change the coding on each and every site. I took it as an opportunity to go through each site and make any necessary updates -- is the information correct, and so on. It should make future updates easier.

Specific details are over on my update blog (there are a bunch), but here are some highlights:

- Updated Awakening with a new release, and changed some of the older blurbs as I've since heard the albums.
- Updated Beyond the Sky's remake page since it's finally happening. (I still can't believe it.)
- Defiers of Fate had the music page updated. Apparently Square does vinyls now. Who knew. Also revised the linearity article.
- Winds of Change had some coding errors (mostly on tablets). Also made the background lighter. I want to change some of the content colors to help increase contrast but I'm having trouble finding a good match. This site is so brown.

OH, and there's a guestbook now. I still have to link it on most sites.

Coming next: new site maybe?! I dunno, we'll see what happens.
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Yes the remake!!! <3

I tried to sign the guestbook and it banned me. O.o;; Not sure if it's related to the fact that I'm using work's wifi.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

@Mikari: Sob, the guestbook has something of an overactive antispam feature. I got banned while I was setting it up, which made it pretty hard to test! I'll turn off the IP banning feature unless I get a lot of spam and actually need it.

I'd appreciate it if you could try and sign it again sometime to see if it works!
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Wow, that's quite the spam blocker if it even banned the guestbook owner. XD

I'm at home now so this happened on a different wifi:

Error
You cannot sign this guestbook at this time!
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Yeeeeeah, it's something else, all right.

Anyway, I think I fixed it, but if it happens again, will you shoot me a PM with the message you were trying to post so I can troubleshoot some more? Sorry for the trouble!
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

No worries, scripts can be tricky at times. PM sent XD
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Figured out everything with Mikari's help :heart: What a finicky script.

Anyway, new site happened!! Level 20, for my favorite fish Pokémon, Gyarados. More about it here.

( full update )
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I'm happy it's working now.

Level 20 is awesome! I'll leave a more detailed comment for it on it's topic. ^_^