redcrown.net [Updates]

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Todd

Re: redcrown.net

Post by Todd »

Super late, but I love this layout! So colorful. It centers on my phone and aligns to the right on my desktop, but both look awesome.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thank you! I had a lot of fun with the colors. I still get all cheered up by the brightness whenever I go look at it.

Out of curiosity do you mean that the layout is full-width on your phone, or that the entire thing is actually centered and you can see blank space to the right of it? I didn't optimize it for mobile and it is just a right-aligned layout, but I'm curious how it displays. (I'm assuming Safari/iPhone? It looks just like the desktop one on my Android, though I have to zoom in since I was lazy and didn't do anything for mobile.)
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Larissa wrote:Thank you! I had a lot of fun with the colors. I still get all cheered up by the brightness whenever I go look at it.

Out of curiosity do you mean that the layout is full-width on your phone, or that the entire thing is actually centered and you can see blank space to the right of it? I didn't optimize it for mobile and it is just a right-aligned layout, but I'm curious how it displays. (I'm assuming Safari/iPhone? It looks just like the desktop one on my Android, though I have to zoom in since I was lazy and didn't do anything for mobile.)
I have the iPhone 6 Plus so I have a pretty big screen, and I think it's set to automatically format around the div. It looks great. Now that I look at it, I guess it is aligned to the right on my phone, too. I just remember it being centered when I viewed it from my phone while on vacation last week, but I admit I didn't look too closely at it at the time. I guess it just looked centered to me since the phone zoomed in on the content. Anyway, I screen capped it for you! No worries; looks great mobile.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Aha! Yeah, that must be what it does. Can't say I'm complaining about it; it looks fine that way on mobile since it's not like people on phones need to see the background, they're just there for the content.

Thank you for taking the time to screencap! :heart: I always wonder what my stuff looks like on other platforms but the only other device I have is my phone (which is in a split market anyway) so my abilities to test are limited.
tonight fate is the
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Winds of Change, my FFXII site, is finally done. Phew. More about it here.

ivalice.org got a new layout to celebrate. Honestly I put it together very quickly and I'm not sure if I like how the content is set up, so I may change it later. It works for now.

( full update )
tonight fate is the
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Woot! Lots of great work there, Larissa! (I like how the layout image scrolls along with the user on the Ivalice.org layout, and that the site takes up all the screen width without looking messy :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like the style of the new Ivalice layout the image is very nice ^^
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Thank you both! Glad to hear it works well considering I was uncertain about it. Looking at the layout a week later I do like it, so I guess it works, haha.
tonight fate is the
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

New (spoiler-heavy) essay over at Defiers of Fate, in which I yell about Type-0 a lot.

More importantly, I revamped the site section to talk about how this site isn't finished and will remain so for some time to come. I need to stop making fansites to long RPGs. Or plan my time better.

( full update )
tonight fate is the
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

The comparison is very interesting and informative, since I only knew of the FFXIII l'cie. I never imagined that the Type 0 l'cie were that different. Thanks for writing this!