Bad Ass Bitches: Monthly Challenge

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".

Would you be willing to participate?

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 11

Emrys

Bad Ass Bitches: Monthly Challenge

Post by Emrys »

Bad Ass Bitches
http://www.ladyai.org/
a fictional female character web directory

Monthly Challenge
http://ladyai.org/challenge.php
Hey guys! It's been a while! I was inspired by the challenges on this forum and from all the ones that used to run back in the day to try and initiate my own monthly challenge over at Bad Ass Bitches.

It is not currently running but I plan to start it up at the beginning of July. Basically, every month, you'll be given a new prompt and you are welcome to interpret said prompt as you wish! Each submission would have to be a positive tribute/shrine/one page dedication to a fictional female character, the series from which would be entirely up to you. You could interpret the prompt as a new layout for an existing shrine as well and as long as it is for a fictional female character, you would be welcome to submit that site. I'm not expecting to get a large influx of participation right away but I am simply putting this out there in hopes of stimulating your creativity and hopefully get more tributes for the ladies across the internet!

The web directory now happily boasts 76 shrines/fanlistings dedicated to our favourite fictional female characters and although this makes me insanely happy, I know that there could be so much more!

Let me know what you think of the idea! I would love to hear from you all!

Edit
Due to the support for this challenge, I will be keeping this little thread specifically for the Bad Ass Bitches Monthly Challenge. You are welcome to use this thread to babble about your projects and it will also be where I announce - every month - the new challenge! This way, we don't clutter up Amassment and we can still have a little fun ;)
Last edited by Emrys on Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Camy
Administrator

Re: Bad Ass Bitches: Monthly Challenge

Post by Camy »

Yes yes yes, this can be my excuse (and get my ass into gear lol) to make the ones I have in mind~
I accept your challenge, "high prince", but I am no general.
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I am in 1000% support of this idea and, if I'm not too busy by when it happens, I think I'll participate!

And even if I can't I AM IN 1000000% SUPPORT OF THIS IDEA
100000000000000000%
MORE ANYTHING ABOUT FEMALE CHARACTERS IS GOOD.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Sounds awesome. If I can participate, I will!
a spoony bard
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

To echo what others have said, if I can participate, I gladly will! It's a great idea and I fully support it. :)

Can't wait to see what comes of this!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I don't know whether I'd participate right away (July is reserved for the Old School Challenge haha), but if not as a creator, I'm definitely interested in this as a reader. :D This might spark more one page shrines to minor characters too, depending on the prompt and due to the short timespan!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

I am 100% down! (PS I MISS YOU HAPPY TO SEE YOU BACK!! <3)
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

OHHHHHHHH YES! Me LIKEY!

(I mean look at my projects page--it's nothing but female character shrines for the rest of the year :O)

Now if I can actually, y'know, WORK on anything for the rest of the year instead of stay on Netflix and YouTube 24/7, I'll be good!! xD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Ohhhhhhh, this makes me so happy to see!! GETS ME ALL PUMPED UP. Even if you guys don't wind up participating right away, I think it'd be great to even have your interest because, who knows, maybe down the line, you will find a prompt that sparks interest!

And, well, we wouldn't all be making these shrines if we didn't also need readers, right? ;)

Thanks so much for the feedback, guys! I really appreciate it! I'll see about posting again when the challenge is officially up!
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

OKAY SO JUST KIDDING ABOUT JULY. I turned out to be super busy (whoops). But I am going to initiate the first challenge on August 1st so keep your eyes peeled! :D I'll make a new post about it too.