Genrou.com [Updates]

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Laura

Genrou.com [Updates]

Post by Laura »

I've just updated Genrou with a brand new layout! :D

It's not graphic heavy at all; it's a simple, straight forward layout that highlights the fact that I'm working on redesigning all of my old shrines. It seems every time I come back to redesigning my collective, it becomes smaller and smaller as I chop away the extra pages I feel are irrelevant. xD So all there is here is the main page and a separate links page.

I have plans for something more grand but I'm actually quite happy with this look. :) I really wanted to get rid of the layout that had been up there for like... ten years. x_x
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Re: Genrou.com

Post by nyxmidnight »

It looks splendid! I love the simplicity and the colour scheme.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

HAHA stark contrast to the old school layout with tiny text before, but it does sound like it was high time to change it lmao. Even as a temporary layout, I love the muted colours aah... That shade of blue against light grey is so gorgeous.

gosh all the people linking Amassment so prominently = <3333

LOL you really went and dug up all the super old Naruto Shrines! I came across them not too long ago (because... I was archive crawling to find them too) and remembered them from like ten years back...

Thank you for linking me!! I'm about to switch domains and redesign the network myself, so I'll link you back and stuff and poke you when I'm done. <3 I love how you categorized all the shrine bookmarks by fandom lmao.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I like the colors and how the sites are featured :D
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Sometimes simplicity can be a beautiful thing, and this is definitely one of those times! I love how this type of layout really focuses on the sites, which are the heart of a collective. (IMO.) Thank you for linking me, too; I'll link you back asap~ :yay:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Beautiful colorblock design, and the centered site button organization looks suuuuuper clean. Well done!

Heck this looks better than my more "permanent" layouts XD
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thank you, everyone!! It seems like the simplicity is being well received, I'm really glad that everyone likes the new look! :)
Lethe wrote:HAHA stark contrast to the old school layout with tiny text before, but it does sound like it was high time to change it lmao. Even as a temporary layout, I love the muted colours aah... That shade of blue against light grey is so gorgeous.

gosh all the people linking Amassment so prominently = <3333

LOL you really went and dug up all the super old Naruto Shrines! I came across them not too long ago (because... I was archive crawling to find them too) and remembered them from like ten years back...

Thank you for linking me!! I'm about to switch domains and redesign the network myself, so I'll link you back and stuff and poke you when I'm done. <3 I love how you categorized all the shrine bookmarks by fandom lmao.
YES. OLD NARUTO SHRINES. They're all still really great!! I organized all the links on the old version of Genrou by fandom as well... seemed to make the most sense. x3 I think I said somewhere that I was like a raven, collecting my little shinies. XD Bahaha.

Also you're welcome for the link! X3
Sarah wrote:Sometimes simplicity can be a beautiful thing, and this is definitely one of those times! I love how this type of layout really focuses on the sites, which are the heart of a collective. (IMO.) Thank you for linking me, too; I'll link you back asap~ :yay:
I feel the same way! The sites are the heart of my collective so I felt that they should be front and center. :D And you're welcome for the linking!