Storyteller

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
high seraph

Re: Storyteller

Post by high seraph »

oh my god guys s s thank you so much for all the sweet comments!!! :inlove: :sob: :swt2:
dubiousdisc wrote:How did you manage to make the images work so well with the text?!
Step 1) pick up a manga of your choice and select a few cute panels. Step 2) slap these panels on top of your layout randomly. Step 3) write some text around them. Step 4) tell everyone "it was designed to be read kind of like a manga, but not really". Step 5) try to sound as hipster as possible while saying that.

As a sidenote, being able to click and drag images around in a site is one of my biggest webdesign pet peeves lmao!!!! In the past, I've tried to circumvent this by placing the image in the background of an empty div, but I didn't want... to be bothered this time........ :swt2: Using the good old img src method is actually a lot more practical (but still bothers me, pls refrain from clicking and dragging the images around ok thank u)
Megan A wrote:I am excited to see your projects that you've been working on! ESPECIALLY OLIVER FROM NI NO KUNI!
NI NO KUNI IS THE ACTUAL BEST JRPG IN THE PLAYSTATION 3 AND I'LL FIGHT ANYONE WHO DISAGREES OKAY. AND OLIVER IS A CUTIE.
Lethe wrote:[SEVERAL WORDS]
oh my god using manga scans was so cool Lethe!!!!!! aaah and I'm glad you liked it so much, you have such a great eye for details!!! :heart: And yeah, tbh I don't think I'll ever revamp my collective in a way that lets me reuse my previous code hahahaha... I always start from scratch whenever I want ot revamp its layout, so I figured why hold back with inline CSS styles?

AND YES i'm up for talking about best girl Akane Kurashiki any day.
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Elysa

Post by Elysa »

I am so late in replying to this thread, as I actually saw this soon after you plugged it! I saw the banner and I was like "omg is that Naho" and went "nahhhh probably not", so I was surprised when I clicked the link!!

It looks really great, and I think it's great that you decided to use a B/W version of the header images instead of going with the colored version! Also just the use of images & colors and how you placed everything goes very well together!
Aku

Post by Aku »

I am playing catchup, so I'm a little late, but Lucas, this is so lovely! I recently read Orange before the anime came out and I enjoyed it... so the layout resonates with me a lot! I love the way you've incorporated the manga art into your layout (even kept it true to it's form and included the paneling <3) and the colors are super lovely accents despite most of it being black and white. (Also appreciate that in this one page layout you've put your projects first and you and your domain second... maybe just because generally I feel like on other collectives it's the other way around haha.)

Also I see Serph in your upcomings and... OwO!!! <333 don't thiNK I DIDN'T SEE THAT HIDING DOWN THERE BECAUSE I DID AND I'M EXCITED NOW!!!!

Really amazing job!! It's nice to see a collective in this one page format!

(I'm also super in need of updating my 3-4 years outdated links section, so I need to remember to link you back when I do that! ;3;)
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

This is such a great black and white layout with juuust enough colour to make it pop and also I SEE SERPH OMG DDS IS SUCH AN AWESOME GAME
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
high seraph

Post by high seraph »

ahhhhh thank u for the kind comments guys!!! :heh:

I'm glad to see some more people familiar with Orange around here!!! I thought it was a really cute anime (and the art in the manga is actually really adorable).

@Elysa: I'm glad you liked the layout! Yeah, I originally wanted to use the colored version of the artwork in the header but then I felt it kind of removed the manga-ish feel of the layout... Also side note: cleaning the background was so exhausting... I'm glad it worked out in the end!

@Aku & Nyx: DDS is actually my favorite game in the SMT series, and I love... pretty much all of its characters hahaha But yes, I hope to get working on a shrine for Serph sometime soon!
          • ♕ ♔ nightly dance of bleeding
            swords remind me that i still live.
Masao
Host

Post by Masao »

chipping in to also say the layout looks amazing! :inlove:

I really like the content arrangement and the overall balance, column use, and insert images.

(and thanks for linking me!)
THE FATE OF DESTRUCTION IS ALSO THE JOY OF REBIRTH.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

high seraph wrote: @Aku & Nyx: DDS is actually my favorite game in the SMT series, and I love... pretty much all of its characters hahaha But yes, I hope to get working on a shrine for Serph sometime soon!
YAY OMG DDS is my second favourite Megaten but only because I love Futomimi in Nocturne so much. It's definitely up there in my Top 5 and all the characters are so great!

I very much look forward to your Serph shrine! It might give me a swift kick in the butt to make my planned Gale and Seraph shrines lol
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

I really like this layout! The colours work well together and I like that it's one-page too! Great job! :D Also, I look forward to your websites!!