All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

General Site Discussion is for website discussion that doesn't seem to fit under any of the other forums in this category. Shrine Discussions covers discussions about shrine content, Layouts and Graphics covers anything visual in site-making, and Codings and Scripts is for the inner workings of sites.

Post subject: Re: New domain name
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:00 am 

Pouch: 9.50 Coins

Hi, Destinie! Thanks for the advice! In my opinion, I am more concerned about availability… I’m thinking to get a regional or top-level domain. Let’s see.
Going through the thread which you sent. There are a lot of suggestions. Thanks! Also, I did some research on the weekend, I found some interesting information here about new top-level domains. Maybe it can be helpful for some guys in this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:20 pm 
Administrator

Pouch: 1,212.50 Coins

Click the icon to see the image in fullscreen mode
Thanks for the link! Huh I didn't know that about the .sucks.

My advice on the matter would be to not be too scared about availability - you can easily and painlessly look up if the names you were thinking of are available on any tld you're interested in.

The real downside of the new tlds, as far as I can see, is that they might not sound "legit" enough at this point, so if you're building something like, say, your portfolio onto a rare new tld, and then give away your business cards with this strange url, some people might not even recognize that as a valid url and be like, "so where's your website...?". I can see that causing problems for some.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:27 am 

Pouch: 9.50 Coins

Thank you, Dubiousdisc! You are right! I even did not think that further with business cards... have to be careful. Thanks for the suggestion.