About Dynamic Duos

From November 2015 to August 2016, create a shrine or shrines to celebrate a dynamic duo! Lovers, enemies, brothers, sisters, parents, and close friends contribute to a character's being. Explore the fandom and the relationship from another side.
Robin
Events Staffer

About Dynamic Duos

Post by Robin »

Image Duos are prevalent in almost every fandom. Imagine Tidus without Jecht, Han Solo without Princess Leia, Batman without Robin, Anna without Elsa. It's hard to, because these duos are more than typical relationships. The members of these duos don't just interact with each other; they define each other, and affect each other in such a way that if one wasn't there, the other might be completely different.

Hello and welcome to Amassment's Dynamic Duo Challenge!

With this challenge, we want to celebrate the bonds of family, friendship, and romantic partnership by creating companion shrines. You can participate in four different ways:

One - You can create a "partner site" for a shrine you have already created. For instance, if you already have an Elsa site, you can make an Anna site for this challenge.

Two – You can create two separate sites to each side of a duo. (If you attempt to do this, we recommend starting both out small so you don't overwhelm yourself. You can perhaps do two One Pagers.)

Three – You can partner up with another Amassment member and each shrine a separate character in a duo.

Four – You can create a relationship tribute that focuses on both characters.

Guidelines
Acceptable duos:

Family members (example: Elsa & Anna from Frozen)
Couples (example: Belle and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast)
Friends (example: Hawk and Dove from Hawk & Dove)

It is important that the duo you choose be defining. What we mean by that is one character and his or her story would be completely different without the other.

- You may join this challenge at any time during its run.
- Have at least five articles/essays on each of your sites. One-page shrines with at least five sections are welcome!
- If you're making two sites, you may submit both at once.
- Members may sign up in pairs--for instance, if you want to do an Elsa site for the challenge and your friend wants to do an Anna site, you can sign up together!

Signing Up

Submitting Shrines
Once you finish your shrine or shrines:

- Create a new post in the Dynamic Duos forum.
- This time around, put the subjects of your shrines as the title of your post. Format it like: "Frozen: Anna and Elsa"
- Post the link to your shrine or shrines with an 88x31 button included. If you made a companion shrine for a shrine you already own, link your old shrine with an 88x31 button with your new one, as the shrines should be experienced together.
- If you are partnering with another member, or if you are making two shrines for this challenge, complete both shrines before plugging and plug them together.

Challenge Quick Info
  • Challenge period: November 7, 2015 - June 30, 2016 extended to August 15, 2016
  • Events Staff contact for this challenge: Robin.
  • Hashtag for this event: #AMDynamicDuos
  • Sign-Up post: Here.
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: About Dynamic Duos

Post by Larissa »

I might be missing it somewhere (and if I am, please point me in the right direction!) but what's the timeline for this challenge?
tonight fate is the
Todd

Post by Todd »

Sorry about that, Larissa! It was written in the description of the board for this Challenge, but I edited this post to include it as well. Dynamic Duos will run until June 30 of next year. This is a little longer than previous challenges, but we're starting it right at the beginning of the holiday season when people are busy with Nanowrimo, family plans, etc. We wanted to allow extra time to make up for that.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

Ah, I'm on mobile so can't see that, no wonder I was confused!

Thanks for the extra long timeline on this one; I doubt I'll be able to jump in until closer to the new year.
tonight fate is the
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

OMG this sounds fantastic!! I love this idea! ♥ ♥ ♥
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

I have so many I could do........... so much sports anime I could pull off during this one challenge..... *^*
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

Quick question because I'm not sure if I am missing this or not, haha.

I signed up for a partner project already but I was wondering if I was allowed to sign up "again" for projects I plan to do entirely myself? o: Because the partner project is basically an ongoing thing that I'll be working on through out the challenge but I wanted to also work on other little OPS (one page shrine) that fit perfectly into this Dynamic Duo challenge! Of course, I would work on these 'side projects' individually and I wouldn't sign up to do another one until I had completed the first one, haha.

Does that make sense? Like I signed up for X with Neo (my ongoing partner project for the challenge since the deadline is so far off and I want to make my site really extensive) but I wanted to be able to sign up for Y (project I would be doing entirely myself). But I wouldn't go signing up for Z until I had completed Y and submitted both links! Is that more clear? D| I don't mean to be confusing.

Please let me know! <3

EDIT: Or, if you would prefer, I could simply not "sign up" with those side projects and simply submit them once I had actually completed them? o: Idk, I'm spitballing.
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

Hey Emrys! Yes I will allow it. :)
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Emrys

Post by Emrys »

@Crystal: Awesome, thanks!! :D
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

This sounds so interesting! What a cool idea.
I'm not at all tempted to apply. Nope. Not at all. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant