Legend of Zelda joint site?

Work together with others to reach a common goal - or the shrine of your dreams!
Destinie

Re: Legend of Zelda joint site?

Post by Destinie »

Sweet!! :D Anyone got any name ideas? I figure I could set something up on tumblr or wordpress, whichever would be easier. Hmm
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I JUST BOMBARDED LETHE WITH ZELDA LORE so I'm thinkin' about this site again.

I like the idea of a Wordpress, but we could try to combine it with a Tumblr too. Maybe post small snippets of blog entries there with a link to the full. I am up for either though! My biggest issue with Tumblr is that I'm not 100% fond of the reblog system because if you want to go back for edits, additional notes, etc. it only changes it in the original post and in none of the reblogs (as far as I am aware, please feel free to correct me).

If you want to do a hosted Wordpress on a domain (vs wordpress.com) I can offer up some space on hylia.org since it's a Zelda domain name. But I am alright with either.

For names, I really liked "Hylian Reflections," and I still like it. I can't really think of any ideas on my own. If you want to characterize ourselves as specific races from the series, we could make it a little more general and even go with "Hyrulean Reflections."
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE THINKING OF THIS AGAIN!

Is there a way to turn off reblogs for tumblr?
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Destinie wrote:Is there a way to turn off reblogs for tumblr?
Well, no. It's the fundamental system Tumblr works on.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

nyxmidnight wrote:
Destinie wrote:Is there a way to turn off reblogs for tumblr?
Well, no. It's the fundamental system Tumblr works on.
I was curious because I am pretty sure you can have private blogs on tumblr, right? (Unless I am confusing it with something else.) So I thought that it would be possible to turn off the reblogs but it makes sense that you can't.

I think we should consider a more lightweight CMS than Wordpress hmmm...maybe the one that Nyx posted? :p
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

I mean yes, you can have a private Tumblr, but Tumblr has no friends level/friendslock/anything useful, it's either "just you" or "the entire world". There is a feature to password-lock your Tumblr but in my experience it's pretty buggy, only usable on secondary blogs, and you have to give people the password somehow, not to mention password-protected entries will not appear on people's dash, making a publication Tumblr for a WP blog rather useless.
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

oh yeah I totally dropped the ball on this and I don't think I have time to do it anymore, sorry all! I should probably close this topic. ^___^;
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

That's a nice offer, Jamie. If you and other people want to do it, that's great! I personally don't have the time to participate now. :C