Tsumaniac!!!!

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Destinie

Tsumaniac!!!!

Post by Destinie »

So a bit of a story behind this site: I am a Tsum Tsum maniac, according to my husband, and I happen to have a fair amount of tsum tsums. He kept asking me to make a website because he will actually look at my collections I have listed online before buying anything for me, so it's helpful! Also, I have always wanted to do a proper collection website and I think it is nice to showcase my little toys and include some blurbs about them. Well, I hope it inspires other people to make some collection sites of their own because I am very much intrigued by the collector's soul. Without further ado, please enjoy and tell me your thoughts! omg wow i finished a site
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Re: Tsumaniac!!!!

Post by Megan »

Yay!!! Glad you got this up! I know you've been working hard on it! I really like how you organized everything. You really do have so many!!! *___* I see them at Target sometimes when I go and I always find them so cute!! I might have to get a few after seeing yours~ Hopefully you can find those limited edition/rare ones! <3
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Post by Larissa »

1) I've never heard of Tsum Tums before.
2) oh no they're so cute..............

Seriously though, I actually feel really informed after reading through your information pages (I now know a lot about Tsum Tsums!) and I can see why you needed a site given your collection! This site is really well put together and the clean design really ties it all together. Really lovely work.

I'm curious, what did you use as the backend for the site? (I've been looking into a lot of web frameworks recently.)
tonight fate is the
Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

Woohoo!! I know how much you love Tsum Tsum, Destinie, and it really shows here. :D For starters, the layout is just adorable. I love not only looking at your collection, but seeing all the details specific to each piece. And it's great that it's not just a site showcasing your own personal collection, but it has a wealth of information on Tsums in all the wonderful articles you've written. I wouldn't be surprised if this site inspires someone to start collecting, or at least get one or two Tsums of their own. :) Congrats on opening this!! :heart:
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Aww man, Bandwidth Exceeded error :C
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

THANKS EVERYONE! I wanted to show off my toys but also wasn't sure if I was being too silly with making little articles about tsum since I felt like a lot of collectors already know about that stuff, but I figured it might be nice to see for people who are new. So I'm glad they are helpful!

@Larissa I did this all in AngularJS. I'm pretty pleased with myself. I'm slowly learning more libraries (thanks, job) but I found it to be a really great library to easily sort and filter large quantities of data. ♥

@Nyx I woke up and saw the email this morning and my mind is blown that I actually had to request more bandwidth. I also adjusted the image sizes so hopefully that helps in downloading on the server side. And then hopefully today they can get the site back up!!

I even took down all my WP art blog stuff from this site because I'm going to revamp winged-victory to a professional portfolio soon so I wonder if transferring all that data also had something to do with it?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I got the same bandwidth error D: Can't wait to see it when it comes back!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

YAY glad you got the cute domain name and everything put up! (I can't see it yet, but I bet it's AWESOME :D)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Hey, everyone! I worked out with my host and moved to a new server so everything is up and running! Please check it out when you can because I would really love your feedback ♥

(Also I just ordered the Aristocats and Si and Am from Lady in the Tramp so I will have some new additions in a few weeks <333)
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Niiiiiiiiiice!!! I want my future doujinshi collection site to be as cute and cool as your TsumTsum site :D May I ask what CMS you are using?
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone