[Plug] Fantasy Life

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Megan A

[Plug] Fantasy Life

Post by Megan A »

So I was really inspired by Crystal's beautiful 3DS game fanlistings I decided to spruce up one of my own because the layout was really chunky and just not attractive. Then I just started writing about how much I love the game which morphed into what you see now as the "Game" section. I hope you all enjoy reading it because it was a blast to write! I also added three new custom fields (thanks to Lethe...) for each type of Life so that members can display their favorites and the images can be displayed on the members list.

Tales of Lunares

Thanks for looking! <3
Crystal

Re: [Plug] Fantasy Life

Post by Crystal »

I told you last night but I really like what you all wrote for this. I loved reading all your opinions on everything and especially about your favorite characters. Amazing job! <3
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

(That "thanks to Lethe..." is supposed to say "thanks to Lethe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")

Wow, your about page is really long!! I LOVE. GIMME. I LOVE LAURA SO MUCH OMG SHE'S THE BEST. her sprite with the hat is the cutest. I really really love how you didn't attempt to point out all important NPCs, or try to list ALL of them, but handpicked a few that you really love. <3 And your cute character screenshot!!

It's great that you voiced your disappointments too - I had totally forgotten about the trailer. I had also forgotten that I haven't bought or played the DLC yet. Perhaps I'll do it one day, without restarting the game, since I think it's the kind of game to easily jump back into hm... (Though I love it so much, I might make a second save slot, if that's possible. I have my character maxed out on so many fronts, the cutest outfits and furniture, etc. and don't want to lose that. I love the furniture and the fact that you have more than one house to decorate.)

Keep being fanlistings with "a little more", Megan, these are amazing!! Looking forward to seeing more from you. <3
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Woohoo! The little cut outs you were working on for the about section turned out awesome! So glad to see you got this up! I really like the layout as well, like I told you on Skype! Congrats on getting everything done Megan! :D
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Well done! Light and pretty layout and lots of game information/opinions! :)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
neo

Post by neo »

Oh, Megan! I want to apologize because I didn’t realize you owned this fanlisting. The layout art is so gorgeous!

I remember seeing an announcement trailer for this game and I was seriously enchanted by it!
Buuut, I forgot all about it. :swt:

So, thank you! It was nice to be reminded of this game. I love Level-5 and the worlds/characters they create. I hope to play it soon!

Based on your description of the game, it sounds solid in all areas. You were able to divulge a lot about it without giving too many things away. Plus, your tips of worthy DLC and class explanations are greatly appreciated by me and I’m sure others interested in Fantasy Life. ‘lo, Nintendo, here is your new star marketer.

I really like what is being done with the “A Little More” prompt. It's very inspiring, as you said. :heart:
VICTORY WITH EVERYTHING WE HAVE
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Ahhh, the replies are making me so happy! I'm really glad you all like it because I spent so much time trying to format and cut images out and also writing (but the writing part was also a blast).

@Crystal: Thank you so so much! I'm really, really glad you liked it and thought it was an enjoyable read. :D Also thanks for grammar and spell-checking for me! <3

@Lethe: I KNOW I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF LAURA IN HER HAT OUTFIT. SHE'S SO COOL. And yessss there's SO many NPC's that I just didn't want to even try to dive into that so I decided that listing my favorite allies would suffice for that part. They're all so cute/fun (EVEN ODIN OK). Also, it IS such an easy game to jump back into (and get sucked back into) so if you do, lmk because I, too, keep jumping back into it... we can totally love Laura together.

@Megan: Thanks! I am SO GLAD that they look good! They took so long, but it was definitely worth it! I'm so glad you like it! :D

@Robin: Thank you so much, Robin! <3 <3

@Neo: AHHHH don't apologize, but THANKS SO MUCH FOR LIKING THE LAYOUT. Definitely check the game out if you like what you've read in the about section. The game is good, and I hope that I conveyed even a small fraction of how great it is on this site! <3 <3 Thank you so much!
Todd

Post by Todd »

This is my favorite fanlisting from you now! Love the extra personal section, and love the extra questions in the join form! The layout, too, as always, is gorgeous.

Would you like to affiliate with Bravely Default? It's another 3DS game, so they're related, right? :P

I need to add a hundred of your fanlistings as an affiliate to various fanlistings of mine. I was busy with work when you were being so productive, and now I've lost track of them all. Feel free to poke me or make me a list of which ones I need to add, lol.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Okay, your about page has totally sold me on this game, Megan. It sounds a wee bit like Terraria in some ways. Yet another game to add to the list! The layout is also super cute - that artwork is adorable.
a spoony bard
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

My younger cousin is obsessed with this game and I've been dying to try it out since forever!

Even so, I didn't really know what it was about until I read your information page; it was super helpful to a newbie like me, haha. I also enjoyed reading your opinions regarding your favorite classes and allies in the game; it made the site feel really personal, and I love that. Even though I know nothing of the game and haven't played it, I feel your disappoint with the cut classes. Treasure Hunter and Fortune Teller sounded especially interesting and badass!

And those class icons? ADORABLE.

I love how fun and dynamic the layout is! I can see from the different pages and the main image that the artwork of this game is cute and just gorgeous. I love the color scheme you used and also the subtle way the pattern fades out. BEAUTIFUL.

I don't know what the site looked like before, but the revamp is just fantastic. Awesome job! :DD