[Plug] Wham!

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
FandomSavant

[Plug] Wham!

Post by FandomSavant »

Woo! My first fanlisting to be managed with Enthusiast, I'm both excited and nervous about that. That's why I haven't been around as much, I've been obsessing over getting Enth3 installed and functioning (it was tricky!).

Big Fantastic Heaven: the Wham! fanlisting

It has "a little more," as discussed in that thread, but I hope to someday shrine it out. I have too much upcoming to do it now. ;)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Crystal

Re: [Plug] Wham!

Post by Crystal »

I am not familiar with this group but the site is visually pleasing to the eye and it looks awesome. I really like the colors too. I'm also glad you were able to get Enthusiast to work. That script can be a bit of a pain haha.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Crystal wrote:I am not familiar with this group but the site is visually pleasing to the eye and it looks awesome. I really like the colors too. I'm also glad you were able to get Enthusiast to work. That script can be a bit of a pain haha.
Thanks so much. Thank you for mentioning the colors, because I meant to explain that on the site info page. It's made with an album cover of theirs that was basically a green to purple gradient. ;)

ETA: I added a bit about the significance of the color scheme on the site info page. Thank you both for mentioning that and reminding me I had wanted to do that. :)
Last edited by FandomSavant on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Andrea

Post by Andrea »

I'm not familiar with Wham!, but I love the layout! The colors are absolutely gorgeous and they work together nicely. :content: I also really liked reading the information, especially the trivia. For some reason, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that both George and Andrew are still friends, haha.

Also, CONGRATS on installing Enthusiast! I went and installed it for my fanlistings about a month ago so I know your pain, ugh. Nice work, as always!
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Andrea wrote:I'm not familiar with Wham!, but I love the layout! The colors are absolutely gorgeous and they work together nicely. :content: I also really liked reading the information, especially the trivia. For some reason, it makes me all warm and fuzzy inside to know that both George and Andrew are still friends, haha.

Also, CONGRATS on installing Enthusiast! I went and installed it for my fanlistings about a month ago so I know your pain, ugh. Nice work, as always!
Yeah, it's... challenging is a nice word. I've used a few not-so-nice ones while installing it. ha ha.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Sarah
Time Traveler

Post by Sarah »

I like Wham! so I'll be joining soon. :D The layout is great; I think it's neat how you incorporated one of their album covers into it. I also really like the name and how you came up with it. (I agree that "Big Fantastic Heaven" does sound better than "Fantastic Big Heaven".) There is a nice amount of information here, too! I liked learning about George and Andrew's relationship and how Wham! was formed.

Lovely work!
If you're interested in time travel, meet me last Thursday.
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Sarah wrote:I like Wham! so I'll be joining soon. :D The layout is great; I think it's neat how you incorporated one of their album covers into it. I also really like the name and how you came up with it. (I agree that "Big Fantastic Heaven" does sound better than "Fantastic Big Heaven".) There is a nice amount of information here, too! I liked learning about George and Andrew's relationship and how Wham! was formed.

Lovely work!
Thanks so much! I really appreciate it! :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Pretty pretty layout! It maintains an '80s feel while still having everything organized and put together in the current day's style. :D

I also like how in-depth you went in your info sections, and that you include your personal fandom experience on the main page!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:Pretty pretty layout! It maintains an '80s feel while still having everything organized and put together in the current day's style. :D

I also like how in-depth you went in your info sections, and that you include your personal fandom experience on the main page!
Thank you, Robin. I appreciate it. I actually like it a lot myself, which is odd for me -- I pretty much always find something to hate about every design I do. ha ha.

I had a whole different layout done, but once I plugged in some content, I didn't like it anymore (note to self, always paste in some text to test out). So, I started over and came up with this, which is much more readable, I hope (that was the goal, anyway).

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Lethe

Post by Lethe »

"shrine it out" haha I love this expression!

Wow, I'm impressed how all the different elements of the group have come together to form this layout - I really love it when a layout reflects a site's content! I'm glad you wrote so extensively about the design choices behind this: the many album names, the album colour, the lyrics... <3

As for the content: It's lovely how much you emphasized that they're a duo, even beyond the time as a band, and I quite like the narrative style that you use to talk about their beginnings. And all the video inclusions! :D Good job on getting Enthusiast to work too!!
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.