[Plug] Off The Wall (album)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
FandomSavant

[Plug] Off The Wall (album)

Post by FandomSavant »

Remember when I told you guys I had a lot on upcoming? ha ha ;)

This one didn't come out quite like I'd hoped, but I thought I'd share it with you anyway...

Life Ain't So Bad At All...

I'll most likely be doing a redesign soon. It's my favorite album of all time and also the first I ever bought.

EDIT: I've done a bit of tweaking to the design.
Last edited by FandomSavant on Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: [Plug] Off The Wall (album)

Post by Robin »

COOL! This is a great idea for a fanlisting, born out of a childhood love for the music. I like how you have some basic information for the album as well as your own personal experience. What are your favorite songs off the album (if you can narrow it down, that is! LOL)? Maybe you could include some favorite lyrics, instrumentals, etc.?

As for the design, I love the simple black and purple areas delineating the one-column flow of the page. And those header images are awesome!

The only suggestion I would make is to make the navigation stand out a bit more.
Some ideas:
- darker/more vibrant purple
- bigger font size
- black font
- different font altogether (maybe a serif font?)
- text-shadow effect
- give the navigation links a different background color?

Other than that, everything looks really sleek! (I'm also adoring the font you used for your <i>--"Bad Script." Never heard of it but it looks fantastic!)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Robin wrote:COOL! This is a great idea for a fanlisting, born out of a childhood love for the music. I like how you have some basic information for the album as well as your own personal experience. What are your favorite songs off the album (if you can narrow it down, that is! LOL)? Maybe you could include some favorite lyrics, instrumentals, etc.?

As for the design, I love the simple black and purple areas delineating the one-column flow of the page. And those header images are awesome!

The only suggestion I would make is to make the navigation stand out a bit more.
Some ideas:
- darker/more vibrant purple
- bigger font size
- black font
- different font altogether (maybe a serif font?)
- text-shadow effect
- give the navigation links a different background color?

Other than that, everything looks really sleek! (I'm also adoring the font you used for your <i>--"Bad Script." Never heard of it but it looks fantastic!)
It's funny you mentioned the navigation: that's the thing bothering me the second most. The very most is one of the header images isn't quite lined up with the others! *gasp* It's like it is, maybe a pixel or two smaller or something. So I need to fix both of those things before I go nuts. Ha ha. Thanks so much for the suggestions. :-) -- Both issues fixed. :)

EDIT: Forgot to answer the favorite tracks question. On my join form, I put: Rock With You, Working Day And Night, Get On the Floor, Off the Wall, Girlfriend... if I had to choose one of those, I think "Off the Wall" would be it.

"She's Out of My Life" was my favorite as a kid, but now that Michael has passed into spirit, it's hard to listen to that one very often.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

Andrea

Post by Andrea »

I'm a sucker for purple, so the layout is lovely to my eyes! I'm not sure what the layout looked like before you tweaked it, but everything looks great from here. I liked how you incorporated all the different images as well as the different fonts you used! I also enjoyed reading how much the album means to you, especially since it's your first!

Nice work! :content:
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

Andrea wrote:I'm a sucker for purple, so the layout is lovely to my eyes! I'm not sure what the layout looked like before you tweaked it, but everything looks great from here. I liked how you incorporated all the different images as well as the different fonts you used! I also enjoyed reading how much the album means to you, especially since it's your first!

Nice work! :content:
Thank you so much. I appreciate that. :)

Hi! I'm Patricia.