[Plug] Kanakubo Homare (Starry Sky~in Summer~)

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Delphine

[Plug] Kanakubo Homare (Starry Sky~in Summer~)

Post by Delphine »

Unexpected Dominance
(for Kanakubo Homare of Starry Sky~in Summer~, a Japanese dating sim)

I revamped this fanlisting a few days ago after almost 5 years ! It really made me feel nostalgic about the game and all the trouble I had to go through in order to play it on my computer lol (switching my system to Japanese and reboot every time). I don't plan into turning this into a shrine, unless I change my mind. On the other hand, I think I'll still play the game again when I have some time so I can see it in another light, my Japanese improved since too, haha. This fanlisting was also my first one ever.
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: [Plug] Kanakubo Homare (Starry Sky~in Summer~)

Post by Robin »

Looks gorgeous! I love how the character image overlaps some of the site name without making it unreadable :) Also, the way you've done the site name with the text somehow cut from images is a REALLY COOL effect and I must know the sorcery code trick behind it! :D

The about page is really informative, too, and shows how much you love the character and the game he comes from. Well done! :D
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Aku

Post by Aku »

As I said before, the layout for this fanlisting is probably one of my favorites that you've done! I know you expressed to me that you feel like your usage of typography is boring when you design, but I think you really pushed yourself here and it came out amazing! Great job bb. :inlove: There's not much on S*S out there, I'd love to see some S*S shrines even though you mentioned you weren't planning to expand this. ;w;
He is the kind of senpai that you'd want to be noticed by
So true! :ok: Notice me, Homare-senpai! I have tummy medicine!
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Robin > Thank you very much ♥ about the trick: it's really simple :D first, you need a layer filled with white and your text in black on another layer that you'll merge together. Then, after setting that layer to "Lighten", you just need to put whatever picture(s) you'd like to have underneath that layer and it's done :3 This is the base trick, you can tweak it by adding a pattern overlay for example (like I did) and other things~ Oh, and it also works with brushes too :)

Aku > Thank you >o< ahhh don't say things like that, I MIGHT REALLY CHANGE MY MIND AFTER T_T (<= 128525 projects still uncompleted) I was thinking about deciding if it was worth expanding after playing the games again ;u;

Always keep tummy medicine in your bag
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

I love, love, love the layout, Delphine! I have a little weakness for layouts where the text is a huge part of the design. I think that the way you did the text is fantastic. I love all of the little images in the letters and that your character is right in the middle. The placement of everything too is awesome especially your stats as part of the header design. It's just so visually pleasing. Also, the way you have other fanlistings linked on the Index, ahhhhh. I can't stop looking at it and hovering.

I don't know much about this subject, but your section dedicated to it was super easy to follow. I really enjoyed reading it! It's structured nicely and a very easy read. Looooove everything! <3
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Thank you very much Megan o/getting the right placement was difficult ;o; I was afraid that the text wasn't readable enough lol but I'm glad you think it turned out well :'D
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I've got to try that text/image thing one day then - thanks for explaining it above!

I love all the font colours all over this fanlisting, and how you designed the index page. Seeing Starry Sky fanlistings always makes me excited because the art from those games is so pretty. *-* (Still holding out hope they'll get localized one day. <_<)

I remember your 1P1M shrine from last year, and it's lovely see more dating sim and VN subjects pop up around Amassment, whether as fanlistings or shrines! :D (Why is that shrine not linked on your network page ?_?)
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

Thank you Lethe ;o; yeah, I still hope they will get localized someday although it's been so long cries. I remember that a company tried to localize the games but in the end, they couldn't because the licensing fees were too high since all the voice actors in the game are big names iirc ;u;

I'm happy to hear that /o\ there are actually more to come orz and yeah, I forgot to update my network page after putting the shrine online <_> I need to do it :'DDD
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Damn, voice acting always being such a dealbreaker for video games. ;_____; (sob I'd rather have a game without voices than none at all, but I get not everybody feels the same way.)

GO UPDATE
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

This looks great! :D