Eien no Melody Network - Ten Years

Share any other websites of yours that are not fansites or shrines.
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Amber

Eien no Melody Network - Ten Years

Post by Amber »

Eien no Melody Network - Ten Year Celebration
Hello everyone! I've always been a tad shy when it comes to posting things such as this so please be patient with me as have decided to go ahead and share this with you. I relaunched my network with modern and fresh layout to stay for a while (I hope!). I made a batch of new codes/buttons just the other day and have many more coming in the next few weeks as I work on my screencaps. My collective also got a new layout this past summer featuring the awesome yet sexy Misha Collins as Castiel. Some fanlistings also got a nice revamp as well.

Back in June 2006, I made my personal website that had various content on it that kept people coming back for more and slowly changed (and hopefully got better over time). Then back in July 2016, I revamped my domain since I was celebrating my personal domain and network turning ten years old. I normally have been very shy to post my website stuff here at Amassment because I honestly have not been the greatest at web design. I had bad experiences with some fandom shrining communities when I first started. I turned to fanlistings and struggled my way through there to learn to slowly get better design skills. I've always had to struggle to get designs that look even somewhat decent compared than most here and over at TAFL/TFL as well.

I felt some people were only being nice with my designs back then because they wanted to be friendly. I like to think I have grown enoughand while I will never have the same set of skill and designs that most have at the various communities I am a member of (or staff at currently). I would like to share with you in celebrating my domain turning ten years old (10 1/2 now because of how late this post is) and show how my designs have improved over the years. Hopefully they will keep getting better too!

I really wanted a comic/manga feel with the network as I've been enjoying comics way too much these last two years.

Anyways, I would love to add various link extensions and possible affiliates if you are interested. I'm still searching to go through and add sites as I visit various links and shrines across Amassment. :heart:
Last edited by Amber on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emrys

Re: Eien no Melody Network - Ten Years

Post by Emrys »

Amber!!! This is so cute!! The colouring is nice and I like your image choices! :D I definitely think you've taken some steps forward; be proud! Happy Birthday to your domain~~ ten years wow!! That's so exciting!!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

First off, congrats on 10 years in webdesign! Welcome to the "decade club!" xD It may have been a bumpy road occasionally (especially the loss of domains, omg ;_;) , but being in the "business" for this long is amazing. <3<3<3

Also, please don't worry about your style/skill being "good enough" for Amassment. Honestly, I felt the same way at first--I felt like my style wasn't pretty enough or complex enough, but nobody here is judgmental about that. (I've since embraced my minimalist, content-first aesthetic, and I would encourage you to embrace whatever layout aesthetic you enjoy most. No one will make sites quite like you, after all!!)

As for your design, it is so cool--the side images really make it feel like panels of a comic/manga without being overwhelming, and the soft color palette and background texture is easy on the eyes. I also like that this layout is full-width; it feels like the content can "breathe," if that makes sense. I've never managed to make a full width layout that looked like anything, myself, so to see it done well is awesome :D

Feel free to add me as an affiliate, link-exchange, etc: http://www.withinmyworld.org/
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Congratulations on 10 years, Amber! :D That is amazing; a whole decade!

The design is lovely and is definitely friendly. You shouldn't worry about your designs "not being good enough" because that's not what the community is about! It is about bringing people together through their passion for making websites regardless of how they look. I appreciate that you took the plunge and are sharing your work with us. I hope you continue to do it moreso in the future. :) ♥
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

What a milestone! Soon your domain will go to middle school! :D

It's a beautiful design! And, no, really, it's not just nicety. I really like how you used the manga panels on the side and how the navigation looks. Seriously, I don't think you're missing anything on the design front? I can understand that maybe you're there wishing to make different things which you consider better, but keep in mind that what you make already has value in itself! It has a style and a personality and good looks and, most importantly of all, it presents the content well. If you'd like to improve in a certain direction, we're all here to share the knowledge and help always, but don't you think you're not good enough! As Destinie said, it's not even the point of Amassment anyway.

I'll link to you on rigelatin.net! Omg I'm currently rewatching the TMNT 1987 and Donatello is totally my favorite turtle and you're making a shrine for him!!?! (sits on page)