Translation Services

Request, offer and trade site-related services - including hosting - here!
Forum rules
Please take note of overlapping forums as described in the rules post. Inquiries and feedback requests go into either of these forums where applicable: Graphics and Coding, Shrine Betas.
Lethe

Translation Services

Post by Lethe »

Do you speak languages other than English and would like to offer your skills to fellow shrine-makers? Post here so others know who they can reach out to! If you're not available at the time of them contacting you or don't want to take on the request, that's absolutely fine!

Here's a list of things these services could be used for:
  • name meanings (multiple elements in Japanese names; international Pokémon name origins)
  • songtexts (official, fanmixes, etc.)
  • material only available/accessible in one language, fandoms that are more popular in one country than another
  • shrine name suggestions (so that they don't sound awkward to someone who knows the language)
  • translation comparison in ambiguous scenes
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Chibi

Re: Translation Services

Post by Chibi »

*waves* I'd be happy to help! :D Here are the languages I speak:

Italian (mother tongue)
German (intermediate)
Norwegian (intermediate)
And a basic understanding of a few others such as French, Dutch and Spanish. (I'm currently learning Dutch and Polish is next on my list!)

I've also studied ancient Greek and Latin in school for 5 years, so I can probably help with those as well! :) (In case anyone wants to make a shrine to an "ancient" subject! XD)
Delphine

Post by Delphine »

I'd be really happy to help as well ♥ and I love translating stuff hihi

French (native)
Chinese, Mandarin (fluent)
Chinese, Cantonese (intermediate)
Japanese (advanced)

I also took German for 5 years but it's really rusty and studied Latin for 3 years as well.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

oooh I'm happy this is taking off! :heart: I think those specifications are useful, and I like how you're also listing languages you may be rusty with or have a basic understanding of haha - I can imagine that going a long way when it comes to shrines. :star: I'll not make an overview in the first post of this topic then, since I think it's easier for anyone looking for assistance to just ctrl+f the topic in this case. :)

I'd be happy to help with these:
  • German (native)
  • French (6-8 school years)*
* Assistance is hit or miss. I can translate long passages with context, lyrics, official info, etc. but I may not see subtlety or see the roots of Pokémon names. ¬_¬
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

I can help, too!
  • Italian (native)
  • French (good for translating most things, but a bit rusty)
  • Spanish (good for translating most things, but a bit rusty)
Basic understanding of Portuguese, Swedish and Japanese.

Plus, like Chibi, those 5 years of Latin, hee.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

Well, I am a professional translator, so, why not!

I only know French, but I know it p. much perfectly :D
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Kate

Post by Kate »

Ahh I know I'm late Lethe but I'd like to just let you know I'm here for you if you ever need me! I only know two other languages other than English, and both are pretty well taken care of it seems! :D Which is absolutely beautiful, because I think language is probably one of the most amazing things in the world. ;___; <3

I am fluent in Japanese; the majority of my father's family are native. Minus me and my sisters haha!

I can help translate Tagalog as well, however it's probably my weakest spoken language. I can understand it and translate, I just have trouble finding full responses in Tagalog. T__T;;

Other than those two I did take three years of Korean in school! I can read and write in Hangul fluently as well, but I would say I am at an intermediate level when it comes to word comprehension. But I can definitely do my best to help translate things!

Sorry for the super long response ;;;;; I hope one day I can help anyone out!
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Haha nobody's late in this topic, since it's a sticky that's meant to come in handy whenever people are looking for help! :D And to everyone: Don't hesitate to post in here if you know a language other people have already posted about before! It's great to know how many Amassment members there are who not only know different languages, but are willing to help out others. (Plus not everyone's available at the same time, or on a certain communication channel, etc.)

:star: :heart: :music: :star:
Stefi
Administrator

Post by Stefi »

I can translate and interpret from Japanese to English. I majored in Japanese in college and also lived in Japan for a couple of years.

Aside from standard Japanese, I can read classical Japanese and understand Kansai-ben (along with a couple other super obscure dialects).
Amber

Post by Amber »

I don't study languages as much anymore however I would love to help where I can:

Latin American Spanish (Advanced):
-New Mexican Spanish (Dialect)

American Sign Language (Intermediate)

Navajo (Conversational):
-Basic conversational from Navajo to English/Spanish

Also not a language but a supplement if needed:
Signed English Exact (Intermediate)