Absentia: The Eighth Doctor (Doctor Who)

Updates and input on ongoing projects, shrines, and revamps!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Absentia: The Eighth Doctor (Doctor Who)

Post by Robin »

Finally fixed the basics to reflect some NEW information!! :D :D (actually I just forgot to include it before xD)
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

FINALLY added another page: my essay on The Phenomenon of Eight Erasure! This is a first draft but I think I covered everything--let me know if something doesn't make sense, if there is a typo, etc.

(There will be an article about Doctor Who's troubled history right after the Basics page, so I only alluded to that history here--I wish I could have written that one first, but this one was the one that got done first xD)
withinmyworld.org
Chibi

Post by Chibi »

Just read the "Eight Erasure" page and you've pretty much nailed it! It's so sad he gets forgotten by all fans. :( But anyway, good job on that page! :D
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

@Chibi: Thank you!! :D Yes, it always makes me so sad when people are like "but...but...Eight's not even a real Doctor..." or stuff like that. I'm like "nnOOOOooooo lsdkjfalksdjfj what are you doing with your life go google him right now askljdfsd"

(in other news I'm embarrassed at how the site is kind of haphazardly coming together, but hey, this is how any Robinshrine gets put together--I start out working on pages in site order and then my brain is all "NOPE LA DEE DA NOT INTERESTED WHEE")
withinmyworld.org
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

LOVING THIS. ESPECIALLY THE PRIMER!! This is great so far!

Also, the page about the random dreams you have is just wonderfully unique and fun!
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Destinie wrote:LOVING THIS. ESPECIALLY THE PRIMER!! This is great so far!

Also, the page about the random dreams you have is just wonderfully unique and fun!
YAY! Glad you like the primer! :D My boyfriend helped me out quite a bit with some of the history, since he's watched more DW (especially NewWho) than I have. (I kinda found my niche and stuck with it ^o^;)

Also, YES my silly Eighth Doctor dreams! xD my bf read through it and was like "I want some of whatever you take before you sleep," LOLOLOL
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

HOKAY so I actually did site work today :O

Here are the 3 pretty-much-done pages I've put up, primarily historical DW articles:
- Rumbles of Trouble: 1977-1989
- Wilderness Years: 1990-1996
- Hope After Failure: 1997-2005

These mostly might have formatting issues (I'm still deciding how I want to do <ul> tags because I always forget about those), but the text should be all good. I might reformat all the lists back into paragraph format like I did the third page...y'all let me know what is easiest to read and understand.

As for the last article I finished...that's my TV Movie plot article, and, um...well...it is a hot mess right now. I did a supersuperholycrap-over-detailed plot summary and I know I went way overboard, but omg all the dialogue is kind of important??

I am having real difficulty figuring out what to cut, how to write it, everything. Not sure if I should do like an "Fave Eight Quotes" or "Fave TV Movie Scenes" article to include more of this on another page, or if I should reshape the article into more of a "summary" style instead of "script" style, if that makes sense...I'm just kinda stumped. I just typed everything I saw on screen and went with it LOL
withinmyworld.org
FandomSavant

Post by FandomSavant »

I'm loving this. The design is absolutely beautiful! And even though I'm not in the fandom (yet), it's still very entertaining and interesting to me.

EDITED TO ADD: The fonts look nice and are very comfortable to read. That's a big deal to me, so I really appreciate it.
Last edited by FandomSavant on Wed May 25, 2016 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi! I'm Patricia.

FandomSavant.com - home of my stuff
Twitter: @FandomSavant
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

FandomSavant wrote:I'm loving this. The design is absolutely beautiful! And even though I'm not in the fandom (yet), it's still very entertaining and interesting to me.
Thank you!! I'm really glad I went ahead to do the image rotation in the header instead of trying to pick one image--that has turned out looking so awesome. Many thanks to dubs for showing me that little trick!

(Also, I'm super happy that the site is accessible even for people who aren't rabid Whovians! :D :D)

I'm hoping to do a little more on the site today or tomorrow, maybe tidy up some of these pages that I'm having difficulty organizing xD
withinmyworld.org
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Added: one crazily in-depth character study of the Eighth Doctor! (Pictures forthcoming LOL)
withinmyworld.org