Whoa, Amassment, watch your step and pardon our dust. You have just entered a Construction Zone!
Got a huge shrine you want to make, but feel like it's just too massive to tackle all at once? Want to start building a shrine but don't know how to start? Worried you might not have time to finish a shrine? Have you got an incomplete shrine online that you just don't know how to finish?
NO PROBLEM! Our Construction Zone event will help you get inspired and stay focused from beginning to end! You'll be able to work on your shrine at your own pace, while allowing visitors to enjoy an active, growing site.
Here's how this event works:
- Make a layout & index page, basic introduction page for your topic, and a "site" page for your shrine. (These are the bare minimum pages you need for this event--if you have more than that, that's fine, too!)
- Upload these files to your server right away!
- Plug your site in a separate topic within the Construction Zone event board.
- As you work on your shrine, post in your topic about what you're adding, so visitors can come and enjoy!
There are many benefits to a public work in progress:
- You will get feedback and ideas from other members as you work.
- If you're stumped where to go next, you can post in your topic and ask for input.
- You can use this site as something to work on in between other projects, when you're feeling bored, or want to work on a site and don't have much time to do anything substantial. Sites you make for this event are meant to be updated. Update them when you feel inspired or motivated, and work on them at your own pace.
- You get IMMEDIATE satisfaction as people respond to your work and give you encouragement on your project every step along the way.
- If you are shrining something with a massive canon (like a comic series, long anime or video game series), you will not feel pressure to cover everything at once, and can write about things you want, uploading as you go. You may not hit the entire canon, and your site may never stop being a work in progress, but because your visitors will know your site is a work in progress, you shouldn't feel bad about it not covering everything right away.
- You will get to see the process in which others create shrines, and share your own. This should help, inspire, and motivate us all.
You may sign up for the Construction Zone event with a subject you've been approved for in an Amassment challenge (like Dynamic Duos), but you must complete 5 articles/essays before the shrine can be considered "complete" and be plugged in the challenge's sub-forum, as per our general challenge policy. In the meantime, your shrine can be part of Construction Zone and be built online!
This event will run until December 31st, 2016. Tweet about it using the hashtag #AMCZone!