Dealbreaker

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Dealbreaker

Post by nyxmidnight »

Demi-Fiend (my avatar) is in one of the Shin Mgemi Tensei IV FINAL DLCs as a recruitable demon. I now have to get the game.

Have you ever bought a game for one character/aspect of the game?
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Robin
Events Staffer

Re: Dealbreaker

Post by Robin »

I begged my parents to get Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars back in 1996 because it was the first time Princess Toadstool was going to be an actual playable character in a Mario adventure. ^_^

Also, come to think of it, most of the reason I bought the Super Mario racing games (Super Mario Kart, Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!) was because I could play as Princess Peach. xD #favcharacteralert
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

lol I mentioned this to Todd and others in the community chat yesterday!

I love the Ace Attorney series, but I couldn't get into Layton, so I wasn't sure whether Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, the crossover game, would appeal to me. Then I saw this character on someone's Tumblr theme and found out she fills the prosecutor role in that game... INSTANT BUY. (It's a great and charming game!)

I buy a lot of visual novels (including English indie VNs) just because of the art or because I know other works by the group, but it's probably not worth mentioning here since art is such a big aspect of VNs anyway haha.

I'm also easily tempted by preorder bonuses in the form of costume DLC.
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Emma
Time Traveler

Post by Emma »

Haha oh yes, I feel like I do this a lot.

Okay, so despite enjoying the Final Fantasy XV demo, I was still pretty certain I was going to put off getting it day one and wait till it went down in price but then Aranea Highwind was introduced and I was all oh holy god yes. I will be getting this game as soon as it comes out (lol it's never coming out) just for her. :heart: :heart: :heart:

Also on a similar vein, I only got the second Dissidia game just because Kain Highwind was in that one. (Which was ridiculous. I don't like fighting games even when Kain Highwind is in them)
a spoony bard
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I bought the GameCube version of Soul Calibur II for Link. *cough* Other than that not really (or not that I can remember).

I am tempted to get Project X Zone because of Chrom and Lucina being playable in it but I'm not fully decided on it.
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

I can't think of a specific time when this has happened in terms of a particular character I knew beforehand, though just because I can't remember right now doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I got Code Realize (otome) for Impey, I knew nothing about him before that, but he was like a machine loving Reno so that was enough information. Tech, Reno look-alike, I had to have the game! (Later I found out that on top of being a tech savvy bishie, he's also a great cook, getting this game was the right choice). I also really want Beastmaster and Prince for Silvio, but again, I know next to nothing about him. Yet what more do I need to know other than he's an adorable catboy?
dubiousdisc
Administrator

Post by dubiousdisc »

Lethe wrote:I love the Ace Attorney series, but I couldn't get into Layton, so I wasn't sure whether Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, the crossover game, would appeal to me. Then I saw this character on someone's Tumblr theme and found out she fills the prosecutor role in that game... INSTANT BUY. (It's a great and charming game!)
As per that Skype chat, I WILL get this game solely for that character, SO

Pretty sure there's been others though! I can't think of what right now but I'm pretty sure it ha happened.

Ah! Part of why Vampire: The Masquerade made me perk my ears is because I learned that Lacuna Coil's music (from one of my favoritest albums of all time, no less) is in it. I haven't found that particular track yet, but I've been in a room where there's a poster of that album on the wall and...well, that's an odd experience. Regardless of the music, anyway, I've loved the game.

And then endless games in which it was just a matter of liking the art style and getting the game solely to support the artists who worked on it :D