Nintendo eShop Sales

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Laura

Nintendo eShop Sales

Post by Laura »

I was looking at the eShop last night and I noticed that Stella Glow is on sale for $50 CAD (down from $67 CAD WTF). $50 on sale is a lot for me to spend right now. I wanted to know if anyone here could tell me how often games like this go down in price or how often there are sales. :x

If I know the game's just going to come down in price in like... a month or two, I'd be happy to just wait. Otherwise, if $50 is as good as it's gonna get, I might just see if I can get it now while it's still on sale. :/ I don't use the eStore too often so I have no idea.

Any help from you experts would be appreciated. ;)
Megan A

Re: Nintendo eShop Sales

Post by Megan A »

Stella Glow is still relatively new so this is the first time I've seen it on sale on the eShop. How frequently things go on really depends on who published the game. Atlus games tend to go on sale a lot more frequently than most so I believe that Stella Glow will be included in that group of games. Atlas tends to have a bad track record with pricing their localizations.

I'd say that if you have the means to get it at its sale price now and you want to play it sooner than later, then you should go ahead and purchase it! However, I think it's possible that it will decrease a little bit more by the end of the year.

Also, I ended up getting my physical copy off of Amazon for $30 USD so if you don't mind physical copies, you could watch Amazon to see if the price drops too.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Thanks for the links, Megan! :D It's funny because I found out about Atlus tax when I was looking up pricing for the game too. xD Their other games aren't as expensive it seems, so I'm hoping that Stella Glow will go down in price, but it's on sale until April 4 so I have a bit of time to decide if I should just cave in and blow the $50 on it now. I really want to play!

It seems like there's sales on the eShop every week... I read somewhere that they change their sales every Thursday but I'm not sure if that's region-specific. I do notice they have sales often, just for different publishers. Two Resident Evil games are on sale for $5 each, so I had to get one of them. xD
nyxmidnight
Communications Staffer

Post by nyxmidnight »

LOL Atlus tax XD
Join in the Tale, in the Blight, of Conquest and Lies
Come the Sun, to Tarnish in the Sky
Vow that we shall Tear the Light - Dark seizes the Throne
Lost in thoughts, all alone
Todd

Post by Todd »

The Harvest Moon games are on sale right now on eShop!
Megan A

Post by Megan A »

Just want to leave this link here. Spring sale on the eShop! :)
http://www.nintendo.com/games/sales-and-deals/