Tales (series)

Everything around games - from web games, platform gaming to MMORPGs.
Mayumi

Re: Tales (series)

Post by Mayumi »

@ Cherri: Mages? What do you mean?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Starting out Tales of Hearts R, haven't gotten far yet.
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Mikari wrote:Starting out Tales of Hearts R, haven't gotten far yet.
How's it for you so far?
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It's ok, not wow, but alright. I'm amused by Hisui and there are a few other characters that I've heard about from Cherri that I might like, though I don't have them yet.
Cherri

Post by Cherri »

Mayumi wrote:@ Cherri: Mages? What do you mean?

The dragon priest things. Hold on, let me figure out something. Sorry the Seraphim that have certain elements. I thought they split the mage Artes up. Seems I may have misunderstood something.

I've also started Tales of Hearts R. And I'm enjoying it so much!
;o; *** pew! pew!
Mayumi

Post by Mayumi »

Cherri wrote:
Mayumi wrote:@ Cherri: Mages? What do you mean?

The dragon priest things. Hold on, let me figure out something. Sorry the Seraphim that have certain elements. I thought they split the mage Artes up. Seems I may have misunderstood something.

I've also started Tales of Hearts R. And I'm enjoying it so much!
Ah, yeah~ They call them Seraphim, Guess you can say Symphonia reference? XD;;

Started playing Zestiria and I say it's good so far~
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

Kunzite is amusing and so are Husui and Beryl, they're my top 3 from Tales.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Reviving this topic!

I *FINALLY* got to play Tales of Zestiria so anyone on my twitter feed knows I have been spazzing out about wanting to play this game for years. Mainly because it looks like my kind of thing: anime boys, dragons, etc etc.

I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on the game? I was reading some people gave it "meh" reviews. The only thing I can say at this point, because I'm only about 3 hours in, is that this one doesn't have a lot of dungeon crawl right away and the intro seems really long. But that's not too bothersome because I think that's the way a lot of video games are going these days.
Jae

Post by Jae »

Destinie wrote:I'm curious what other people's thoughts are on the game? I was reading some people gave it "meh" reviews. The only thing I can say at this point, because I'm only about 3 hours in, is that this one doesn't have a lot of dungeon crawl right away and the intro seems really long. But that's not too bothersome because I think that's the way a lot of video games are going these days.
Gameplay-wise, the biggest issue Zestiria has is the camera angle, which can get a little wonky if you position your PC a certain way. It doesn't happen to everyone, though, and there are plenty of good things about the battle system.

I think the general consensus is that Zestiria had great potential in story and worldbuilding, but a haphazard script and vaguely defined concepts held it back. Personally, there was some stuff that struck me as rather absurd, but I still enjoyed it. My opinion is that it's not a bad game - it just could have been better.

(There was also a huge controversy over how Alisha was marketed and then treated in the game, insofar that disgruntled fans bombarded the Amazon page with one-star reviews, among other questionable things. It was pretty ugly for a while, so that's where most of the fanbase's salt comes from.)

Hope you enjoy the game!
fayth
I come and go, but I'm around.
Destinie

Post by Destinie »

Thanks, Jae! The camera angle in the battles gets me every time. My husband and I will be playing and then it's suddenly "AH OMG WHERE'D I GO?!" I just attributed it to the fact that I'm not used to the PS4 controller so I'm working on managing a bajillion buttons at once but now that I hear that's a known issue I feel a little bit better about myself, haha!