In Control: Yuyuka Nekota

Promote new and existing shrines. We'd love to know what you've been making!
Forum rules
The usual guidelines in Constructive Criticism apply, and you have the option to flag your topic as "Sweet".
Lethe

In Control: Yuyuka Nekota

Post by Lethe »

(Look I've made a link button that I actually like!!)

I must have been out of my mind to think that this could be submitted to the One Page One Month Marathon LOL. I didn't even split all the pages until I was completely done with the shrine, and even with them all split up, some are quite long. Never underestimate the amount of ideas that come up as you are writing something. I didn't even intend for this to be my first ~full~ character shrine.

The most important lesson I've learnt from this though is that you shouldn't force yourself to have a shrine look a certain way if it grows beyond what you've intended, and be flexible instead... A shrine is a shrine, even if you can't submit it to a certain marathon/challenge. :heart:

I'd love feedback, just please don't ask me to split up the pages further. ;_; It's silly, but a) even as a "failed one pager", I want its concept to show through (super short sub-topics being on the same page as long sub-topics, rather than give short sub-topics their own page because it's not worth it), b) those lilac background boxes that split a page into different topics are one of my favourite elements of the coding. =x

:star: :heart: :music2: :star: :music:
Both despair and ecstasy are part of the elements that compose a person.
Larissa
Time Traveler

Re: In Control: Yuyuka Nekota

Post by Larissa »

This is such a beautifully presented site, I'm in awe :heart: :star: The design matches the content so well, and I love the color scheme! :!: (But then again I love purple.)

I'm not familiar with the source material, unfortunately, but the pages you called out on the index were accessible enough for me to read through without difficulty (and certainly got me interested in the series, despite the drawbacks you mention in your review!). I felt like I got to know Yuyuka through this site, and I'm definitely interested in learning more about her both in the manga and the other pages of your site. (I can see what you mean by 'failed one pager' -- there's a lot here! But sometimes these things happen.)

:star:
tonight fate is the
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

ilu you're always the best, my fellow smiley spammer :heart:

Thanks for the feedback - always helpful to know something is easy to understand to those not familiar with the subject. And thanks for reading the review lmaooooooo. I was wondering whether it'd be too weird to include one on a character shrine, BUT YEAH I CAN'T HELP IT. (Plus the few I've seen on other people's shrines are always some of my favourite sections to read. XD)

:heart: :star: :heart: :heart: :heart:
Mikari

Post by Mikari »

It looks awesome! :D It's great that you included so much information. I especially like how you reviewed it and shared your thoughts, making it more personal.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thank you! <3 Yes, I'm really adamant about personal evaluation on my shrines haha. <3
Robin
Events Staffer

Post by Robin »

Wowwwowowowowwwwwwwwwowwwww <3

First, I absolutely love the layout design, with the floated navigation that scrolls with you and the kinda notebook-papery background :D

Second, your content is well organized--there's a LOT of information, but it doesn't feel overwhelming to click through and read, and the pages flow well visually due to good formatting.

Third--how was this ever going to be one page??? LOL!!! j/k j/k

But seriously, well done!!
~ a dream is a wish your heart makes ~
withinmyworld.org
Megan
Freelance Staffer

Post by Megan »

Love the colors so much! Definitely such a pretty layout. Congrats on making your first in-depth character shrine!

I really like the titles of each section. I was skimming through because I am not familiar with the character, but everything is really organized and put together! I like how you used lots of images to add something to each page as well. Sometimes I think its hard to read a page if its all text without any images at all. But it gives the viewer a visual to go along with all of the great information!
please know that i am yours to keep, my beautiful girl.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

Thank you both for the feedback!! <3 I'm really happy to hear it looks well-organized and that there's not too much image spam lmao!

omg after this I'm so scared of starting one page shrines LOL
Crystal

Post by Crystal »

I am not familiar with the character or the series but I love this. It is quite pleasant to read and easy on the eyes. I also really love the layout (and the navigation, I keep playing with it *cough*).
There are shadows before us - but only because the light is at our back.
Lethe

Post by Lethe »

I was actually worried about the navigation and tried out several things, so I'm glad you like this one so much haha! (I love playing with other people's navigations too. XD) Thank you!